Simple Broccoli Soup
This Broccoli Soup made indulgent with ooey gooey Cheddar Cheese is simple to make in less than 30 minutes and is lightened up with no cream or milk. It’s a perfect Winter comfort food favorite!
I’m not sure about where you live, but here in Texas we have entered Fall weather. It may only last today and tomorrow, but the temps have dropped into the low 70s!
In our house, Fall weather = Soup for all the dinners. We love sitting down with a warm bowl of soup after a long work day. The Hubs spends quite a bit of his work day outside so he definitely enjoys something hot and filling on these cool, rainy days.
This Simple Broccoli Soup is so delicious! It’s creamy without the addition of actual cream. It tastes so good and is so easy to make. It’s easy enough that the kids could help! Plus it’s just comforting, exactly how soup should be.
POSSIBLE RECIPE ALTERNATIVES:
- Add Extra Veggies: Feel free to toss in some other veggies you might have laying around! Caulflower, Spinach or Kale would be delicious additions.
- Change Up The Cheese: Not a huge fan of cheddar? Throw in some Pepperjack, mozzarella, gouda, or your family favorite cheese.
- Make It Vegan: Simply switch out the stock, use vegan butter, and use your favorite vegan cheese or sprinkle on nutritional yeast.
- Throw On Some Toppings: Top the soup with crunchy croutons, chives, or even some crispy bacon. Plus you are always welcome to throw on some extra cheese.
MORE SOUP RECIPES:
If you are filling up your dinner menu with comforting soup recipes, here are a few of our family favorites!
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Homemade Veggie Packed Chicken Noodle Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken & Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 large broccoli florets cut into large chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add in the diced onions and carrots and saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent. Stir in the garlic and saute for an additional minute or two, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and broccoli to the dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then lower to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and then carefully blend with the immersion blender until smooth *
- Place back on the heat, add in the cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve Hot
Thanks for stopping by!