Wow your brunch crowd with this irresistibly sweet and rich take on monkey bread! These easy Monkey Bread Muffins layer dough pieces coated in rich hot chocolate. Get ready to pull apart these Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread Muffins!
When it comes to holiday traditions, I have two that I look forward to every year. The first being the ‘no-name gift’ under the tree. My dad always had a gift wrapped under the tree that had no one’s name on it and it was some fun gift for the whole family. One year, it was a Nintendo (the classic one, I’m old people). This Christmas it was wooden crosses he had made for both my sister and myself.
The second tradition is Christmas morning starts with monkey bread. My parents make two full pans of it, one for all of us to share and one for me to bring home and not share. My dad might spoil me just a little bit. 🙂
Since 2020 has been a little out of the norm, I’m adding in some extra monkey bread for New Year’s too. What better way to kick off a brand new year than with something delicious, indulgent, and full of good memories. So we’re starting 2021 with these Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread Muffins!
Make It More Indulgent
If you want to up the hot chocolate flavor even more, cut your dough into pieces just a tad bit bigger and then wrap the dough around 2 or 3 mini marshmallows. Simply place the marshmallows in the center of the dough piece and pinch the ends together to seal the marshmallows inside. Take it up a notch more and add a chocolate chip or two.
Skip the Monkey Bread Muffins
If you want to skip the individual servings and make this a full monkey bread, it’s super easy to switch to a bundt pan! Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray and arrange the coated dough pieces in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or so, until browned. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving tray.
More Monkey Bread Recipes You Might Like:
Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup powdered hot chocolate mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Open the pizza dough and cut it into 1-inch sections.*
- Place the dough pieces into a mixing bowl and pour the melted butter over the top. Gently mix to coat the pieces.
- Add the hot chocolate mix to the dough and stir well, coating all of the dough pieces.
- Place a small handful of the dough mixture into the muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pieces have slightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool and then gently remove from the muffin tins.