Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
Made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, this Easy Vegetable Pot Pie can be on the table for dinner in under an hour
So in exactly one year from today my girl Julie is getting married! So a whole group of us have joined up to do a little partying today to mark the anniversary. And how else can you party on #PiDay than with pie??
So I decided to go the savory route with my pie. I thought about doing a sweet pie. I had picked out an old fashioned peanut butter pie & everything. But then we needed to eat dinner. And I needed a pie. It was the whole two birds, one stone thing 😉
So check out the rest of the #PiDay recipes & then keep scrolling down to get the delicious recipe for the Easy Vegetable Pot Pie!
You can see all the amazing pie recipes being shared today by clicking the images below.
Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
- 2 tubes 8 ounces/8 rolls refrigerated crescent rolls
- about 2 teaspoons of mixed dried seasonings divided - I used thyme, garlic powder, parsley & oregano
- 1 can 10.75 ounces cream of potato soup
- 1 can 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 bags 12 ounces frozen vegetable soup mix*, thawed
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- additional dried thyme for seasoning
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls. Separate the dough into 8 triangles. Place in the pie plate & press over the bottom and up the sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the dried seasoning mix over the crust. Bake the crust for 6 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, in a large saucepan, mix both soups, milk, vegetables & the remaining teaspoon of seasonings. Season with salt & pepper. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Pour the vegetable mixture over the crust in the pie dish.
- Unroll the second tube of dough. Separate the dough into 8 triangles. Starting at the short side of each triangle, roll up triangle halfway. Carefully arrange over vegetable mixture with tips toward center.
- Brush the melted butter over dough. Sprinkle additional dried thyme over dough. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
*the frozen vegetable soup mix was Kroger's brand & was a mix of carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, okra, peas, celery & onions
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Made this and it was awesome !
Wow! This vegetable pot pie recipe is incredible! I’m seriously so inspired right now. I need to add bell pepper to recipe and it would be perfect. Thx for sharing!
This recipe is one of our family favorites now! We make this pie at least once a month and love it! I’m a vegetarian and my husband eats meat but we both love this vegetarian pie. The last time I made it, we had some mushrooms we needed to use, so I sautéed some and added it to the pie filling and it was delicious! I’ve also used cream of mushroom soup in place of one of the others in the past and it was just as good.
Holy cow! This was so good! I loved how simple and easy this was and what a delicious result! I will be making this again and again! Thank you for the recipe!
I thought this was suppose to be vegan
No Letitia, it’s not vegan. It’s just a vegetable pot pie instead of containing any meat (ex: chicken pot pie). Sorry if someone’s pin on Pinterest has it labeled as Vegan but it’s not
Can you just use mixed frozen vegetables instead of the soup mix? Also is it 12 oz total or 24 oz of veggies? Thanks!
Absolutely Melissa! The soup mix didn’t have anything ‘soup’ related in it, it was just a mix of all of those frozen veggies. So yes, your favorite mixed frozen vegetables would work perfect! And it would be 24 ounces total 🙂
(sorry it took so long to respond!!!)
This is delicious. Thanks!
Made this for dinner on Sunday, it was so amazing! Loved the crescent roll crust.
I’m so glad you like it!! 🙂
yummy, I love pot pie but hate the chicken! This looks delish! Going to try it!
Hi Jamie! This pot pie looks delicious and my hubby would LOVE this! (Plus, he totally loves veggies!) Thanks so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend and pinning – hope you’re having a happy week!
We’re always looking for meat free meals and this one looks delish! I love how your crust looks so buttery and the inside is so creamy! Saving this one to try & Pinned!
It’s 9 in the morning and I cannot stop drooling at this pie!! So easy but looks SOOO flavorful 🙂
This looks amazing! I love that you went a savory route for PiDay!
I pinned this to my PIE board 🙂 Happy Belated PiDay.
This looks really good. I’ve been going through all the the pie recipes and gaining some weight from just looking at them. I’m so happy to see one that has some veggies in it.
I was so happy to see a savory pie for our Pi Party!! Looks delicious and easy! Pinned!
I just love that you went savory 🙂 looks delish