I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Loaded baked potatoes get a new spin in this delicious, cold weather soup made simple using Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns
Y’all want to know something that makes me super happy? Almost as happy as a certain 3 year old & her crazy daddy do? Finding new ways to make good recipes even easier! I love coming up with those simple shortcuts that give me more time with my family & less time in the kitchen!
Take potato soup – typically there is quite alot of peeling and chopping involved. A long list of ingredients added in with lots of dishes just leads to more than I want to clean up after dinner. There’s just alot of effort required to make a big pot of homemade potato soup. So how do you eliminate some of the work involved without sacrificing the taste and flavors you love?
I’ll tell you how! Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Browns! This simple shortcut allows you to have that creamy baked potato flavor you love in soup without all of the work! You’ll never miss the peeling & chopping!
Loaded Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked crisp
- 1 bag 30 ounces frozen Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Browns
- 3-4 cups water or as needed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to season
- favorite baked potato toppings - additional cheese green onions, sour cream, ect
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a 2-quart Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender & translucent. Crumble the bacon into the onion and stir in the potatoes. Pour in enough water to cover mixture.
- Simmer the bacon & potato mixture over low heat until potatoes are tender and flavors have blended, about 2 hours.
- Combine the flour and remaining 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until mixture is smooth and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Whisk the milk into the flour-butter mixture until thickened; add the cheese and stir until melted. Stir flour-butter mixture into soup until well combined. Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve hot with your favorite baked potato toppings!
So are you ready to make some soup this week?! Well head on over to your local Wal-Mart, run to the frozen potato section & grab yourself a bag or two of Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns! If you stop by one of the participating locations on either November 30 or December 1, you can also check out some live demos featuring Ore Ida Potatoes!
And when you get back home from shopping, be sure to head over to Ore-Ida’s website & enter to win the Frozen Family Giveaway for a chance to win one of thousands of valuable prizes, including movie tickets to see Disney’s Frozen, a one-year supply of Ore-Ida® products, a $500 Awards2Go Visa® Award Card* and the Grand Prize of a trip to Atlantis®, Paradise Island, Bahamas!
You can check out some other great recipes featuring Ore Ida Shredded Hash Browns here: