Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
Made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, this Easy Vegetable Pot Pie can be on the table for dinner in under an hour
So in exactly one year from today my girl Julie is getting married! So a whole group of us have joined up to do a little partying today to mark the anniversary. And how else can you party on #PiDay than with pie??
So I decided to go the savory route with my pie. I thought about doing a sweet pie. I had picked out an old fashioned peanut butter pie & everything. But then we needed to eat dinner. And I needed a pie. It was the whole two birds, one stone thing 😉
So check out the rest of the #PiDay recipes & then keep scrolling down to get the delicious recipe for the Easy Vegetable Pot Pie!
You can see all the amazing pie recipes being shared today by clicking the images below.
Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
- 2 tubes 8 ounces/8 rolls refrigerated crescent rolls
- about 2 teaspoons of mixed dried seasonings divided - I used thyme, garlic powder, parsley & oregano
- 1 can 10.75 ounces cream of potato soup
- 1 can 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 bags 12 ounces frozen vegetable soup mix*, thawed
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- additional dried thyme for seasoning
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls. Separate the dough into 8 triangles. Place in the pie plate & press over the bottom and up the sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the dried seasoning mix over the crust. Bake the crust for 6 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, in a large saucepan, mix both soups, milk, vegetables & the remaining teaspoon of seasonings. Season with salt & pepper. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Pour the vegetable mixture over the crust in the pie dish.
- Unroll the second tube of dough. Separate the dough into 8 triangles. Starting at the short side of each triangle, roll up triangle halfway. Carefully arrange over vegetable mixture with tips toward center.
- Brush the melted butter over dough. Sprinkle additional dried thyme over dough. Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
*the frozen vegetable soup mix was Kroger's brand & was a mix of carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, okra, peas, celery & onions
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Super easy! I had too much filling for one pie, but not quite enough for two. I was impressed that the bottom crust came out perfect and was not soggy at all(:
My husband (78) wanted vegetable pot pie, not chicken, not beef. Changed up your recipe a bit, added 1/2 chopped brown onion, sautéed before adding remaining ingredients, 1/8 cup grated Romano cheese, left off bottom crust and used two 10 oz bags frozen veggies because I couldn’t find vegetable soup mix. Veggies didn’t have peas or mushrooms so added 8 oz of each. Used a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust on top. Also a bit more milk to adjust thickness. my husband, a very picky Italian, has raved about this pie. He tells everyone who will listen. I finally bought some small ceramic pie plates, and this recipe will make four.
I love that you browned the onions! That’s a great idea! And the addition of mushrooms! I love all your subs! I’m going to have to try it your way Luanne! Thanks for sharing that!! And I’m so glad your husband loves it!
Thanks for sharing this Easy Vegetable Pot Pie , this one seems so delicious , will love to try this veggie stuff.
Thanks for sharing this Easy Vegetable pot pie recipe. Will love to make this one with us.
Love this Easy vegetable pot pie , this one seems so delicious and amazing , will love to make this one.
This is a definite must try recipe. The taste is amazing and it’s so simple. I have made this many times for many different guests, every time it’s a huge success. Everyone raves about and asks for the recipe. Perfect option for a Vegetarian like me. This recipe is saved on my favorites spot in my cookbook
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Alexander!
This looks Incredibly delicious. I have to make this soon for my family!
I hope y’all love it as much as we did!
I am here for this! I love a good pot pie
Your pie looks delicious, pinned for later.
Yum – loved this veggie version of a classic!
What a delicious recipe! This is perfect comfort food.
Thank you Christina!
I love a good pot pie. This veggie version is simple and delicious. Thank you!
Love this recipe. It’s so warm and comforting, one of my favorite winter dishes.
So glad you like it Amanda!
This is so easy to make and has amazing flavours. Love it
Love this easy vegetable pot pie recipe!
Perfect family meal! Enjoyed by all of us.
So glad your family enjoyed it!
Just made this for dinner — so yummy and super easy! Thanks for sharing!
Wow! This vegetable pot pie recipe is incredible! I’m seriously so inspired right now. I need to add bell pepper to recipe and it would be perfect. Thx for sharing!
I was so excited to find this recipe! My daughter and I are vegetarian and my husband and son are not. And Chicken Pot Pie was our favorite dish! This was very good…the SECOND time I made it. THe first time, the crust was not even close to being done inside. The outside looked great though! So the second time I did switch up for premade pie crust. The flavor though was awesome! Thanks for the recipe! Its our new favorite!