A perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day, these Peppermint Patty Frosted Brownies perfectly combine the flavors of mint and chocolate
Well, it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day & since I hadn’t yet made a recipe, I decided to go ahead and do a little baking. These Peppermint Patty Frosted Brownies are super easy to make – they’re a box mix with some yummies added in. Then topped with pretty much the inside of a peppermint patty, just colored green.
They are awesome.
Peppermint Patty Frosted Brownies
for the mint brownies:
- 1 pouch 10.25 ounces fudge brownie mix*
- eggs oil & water required for mix
- 1 cup winter chip mix dark chocolate & mint morsels**
for the peppermint patty frosting:
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- green food coloring
for the brownies:
- Cook brownies according to package directions, folding in the mint & chocolate chips to the batter prior to baking. Allow to cool almost completely before frosting.
for the frosting:
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring until combined - use as much or as little as you like until you get the color you want.
- Once the brownies have pretty much cooled, spread the frosting out evenly over the brownies. Cut into squares to serve. Top with a squeeze of Hershey's chocolate sauce if desired.
PEPPERMINT PATTY FROSTING INSPIRED BY: Tastes of Lizzy T