Hello again! It’s Ang from Juggling Act Mama back to share with you my recipe for delicious Strawberry Mimosas! This is a super easy recipe that’s wonderful for all kinds of special occasions… or just because! This is a fresh strawberry twist on a traditional mimosa – I just love using fresh local produce when it’s in season.
To make a non-alcoholic version, substitute ginger ale or sparkling white grape juice for the champagne. You can even get the kids involved – after all, plunking strawberries into the punch bowl is great fun!
- 1 bottle 750ml champagne, chilled
- 1/2 gallon orange juice
- 1 pint strawberries hulled
- Lemon and lime slices for garnish, if desired.
- 4 hours before serving (or the night before) cut the strawberries in half. Place half the berries on a baking sheet, and freeze.
- Combine the orange juice and the remaining strawberries and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, combine the orange juice mixture and the champagne. (For a non-alcoholic version, substitute gingerale or sparking white grape juice).
- Add the frozen strawberries, which will act like ice cubes without watering down the mimosa.
You can preserve extra strawberries by flash freezing them whole or halved on a baking sheet, then transferring them to a freezer bag for up to 1 month. (This works really well for blueberries and raspberries as well.)
Honestly, even after strawberry season is over, you’re going to want to make these. They are the perfect compliment to any bridal shower, Easter brunch, Christmas morning, or just because!
Oh my. That looks so yummy.