Teriyaki Turkey Burgers #SRC
Simple turkey burgers are given an Asian flair with these easy to make Teriyaki Turkey Burgers!
Welcome to July’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal! This month I was assigned the fabulous Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Renee! I’ve actually been reading Renee’s blog for awhile now so I am excited to get to feature one of her recipes. Renee has a great selection of recipes to pick from & it definitely wasn’t easy to decide on what to make. But I knew her Teriyaki Turkey Burgers would be a hit in our house & I loved how the recipe seemed to get together so I had my pick! And I definitely picked a winner! These burgers were super moist & flavorful! They will definitely be making a repeat appearance on our menu!!
Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion diced small
- 1 cup roasted red peppers diced small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can sliced pineapple rings drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, breadcrumbs, red onion, red peppers, garlic, ginger, & teriyaki sauce and mix until combined. Season with the pepper. Shape the mixture into 6 patties
- Preheat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook on each side until they are caramelized and brown (they do not have to be completely cooked through as they'll still be going in the oven).
- Remove the patties and place them in a large baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with oil.
- Top each burger with one drained pineapple ring each - I only had a small can of pineapple rings so only 4 out of my 6 burgers had pineapple. Top each burger & pineapple ring with a small handful of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook the burgers in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted and the burgers are no longer pink inside (165 degrees).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Jamie, I hope Sarah was able to explain to you why I wasn’t able to post your recipe with last weeks group D reveal. (Nasty thunderstorm, with lightening hitting our phone lines, equaled no internet for almost a week). I’m posting with group A’s reveal this week, and made your Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip. It is amazing. Your SRC pick looks great, I love turkey burgers, and putting pineapple on them sounds like a fantastic flavor combo.
I’m so glad y’all stayed safe during the storm & that your internet is back up & working for you April! And I’m so glad you liked the dip!! 🙂
I haven’t made turkey burgers in a long time! I don’t eat turkey anymore, but the rest of my family does and they’d love to see these again. Thanks for a great recipe for them!
Yum, I have never had turkey burgers. May need to start with these!
YUM! SOunds amazing…great choice!
great pick this month!
love the flavor combos. esp with the pineapple. yum!
You picked one great burger! I could eat burgers every day in the summer. Happy Reveal Day!
These look great jaime. You’ve inspired me to try to make turkey burgers, and maybe even get my husband to try them!
Mmm… that sounds so GOOD!! I love teriyaki and turkey burgers – perfect combo! 🙂
Yum!!! I love putting pineapple on turkey burgers!! These ones sound delicious… great pick!
Mmmm…that burger AND that big slice o’ pineapple! Great SRC pick!
Turkey burgers are a summer staple, so I love new recipes to change it up a bit! Great pick this month 🙂
You’ll love this one Melissa! It was so good!!
I raise turkeys and always have ground turkey on hand so this is going to be a great recipe for me to try.
Looks great! Now I really want a burger with pineapple on it for lunch…
Lol, my husband totally wasn’t sure about the pineapple on top at first but once he ate it he loved them! He ate 5 of the 6 burgers I made over 2 days!! 😉
I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe. Your burger looks delicious!! It’s one of my favorite burgers of all time!
We loved them Renee! So happy I got to feature one of your delicious recipes this month!!
I love turkey burgers, and this version seems perfect to me! Great choice for your assignment this month!
Renee’s blog was the first one I was assigned to when I first became an SRC member, and I really enjoyed spend a month engaged with her blog. This turkey burger looks fabulous, and I think someone in this household would love these.