This is THE comfort food recipe perfect for a cold day! This Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is a delicious, easy dinner for the whole family. Pairs perfectly with an easy sandwich or simple salad!
Hey lovely MTK readers! Doree from Top Notch Mom and Designs by Doree here today. I’m so excited to share my Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with you. These past few weeks have been super cold where I live, and the weather reports don’t seem to be getting any better so I figured why not share this hot and delicious soup with all of you. It will be sure to warm you up! Serve it with some sourdough bread and you’ve got yourself a tasty, quick, and easy dinner.
How to Store and Freeze
If stored properly in an air tight container, the soup should last for up to 5 days in the fridge. If you would like to enjoy the soup later then five days from now, you can also freeze it in a freezable air tight container.
Throw in some extras:
Want to add in some extra flavor? Any of these would be a delicious addition!
- Roasted Cauliflower – before adding in the cauliflower to the dutch oven, roast it in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Spices – chopped Parsley, Cumin, Thyme
- Toasted almonds or hazelnuts for a nice crunchy topping
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large leeks-rinse and slice the white and light green part thinly
- 4 C chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 + 1/2 C milk
- 2 C water
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP pepper
- 3 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat
- Add leeks and let cook on low for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until soft
- Add cauliflower, 2 cups milk, water, bay leaf, salt & pepper
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally
- Once it’s boiling reduce heat to simmer and cook about 8 minutes or until cauliflower is soft, stir occasionally
- While the soup is simmering combine 1/2 C milk + 3 TBS flour in a small bowl
- Once cauliflower is soft remove bay leaf and stir in 1/2 C milk and flour mixture and cook over medium heat until soup has thickened (about 2 minutes)
- Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese and lemon juice
- Top with sliced green onions and cheddar cheese if desired, enjoy!
For more soup recipes, try these:
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Homemade Veggie Packed Chicken Noodle Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
- Quick & Easy Chicken and Rice Soup
Thanks for stopping by!