This Stuffing Casserole recipe is a hassle-free, delicious casserole dish. With chicken, stuffing, and a few other simple ingredients – it’s so comforting and an easy way to use up some of those holiday leftovers.
It’s so great to be back here at Mom’s Test Kitchen. If you don’t know me yet, my name is Doree and I blog at Top Notch Mom and get creative at Designs by Doree.
I have been on a casserole kick lately and with the holidays around the corner I knew I had to share this Stuffing Casserole with you. This year I have already began planning our holiday meal menu and wanted to keep it as simple as possible. This casserole has minimal prep time and then it’s in the oven for a good amount of time while you can prepare other dishes. I added chicken to mine, but it’s just as good without if you plan on serving a meat for the main dish.
- 1 C water
- 1 large sweet red pepper - chopped
- 1/2 of an onion - chopped
- 1/2 C extra long grain rice
- 1 package of herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 C water
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup condensed
- In a medium pot boil 1 C of water
- Once water is boiling add chopped peppers and onions
- Reduce heat and simmer with lid for 20 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine dry stuffing mix, 2 C water, chicken, 2 eggs and can of cream of condensed soup
- Once that is combined add rice mixture
- Spread in greased baking dish
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Looking to round out your Holiday Menu? These will be perfect on your Thanksgiving table:
- Not Your Traditional Candied Yams
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Shallots & Rosemary
- Roasted Green Beans & Potatoes with Bacon Vinaigrette
You might also love these other family friendly casseroles:
- Cherry Dessert Casserole
- Chicken and Cornbread Casserole
- Simple Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- Southwestern Pasta Casserole
Thanks for stopping by!