These quick and easy Instant Pot Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are a crowd pleaser at any family dinner!
Carrots are one of those side dishes that everyone loves, even the kids. They are so versatile and easy to prepare, whether you’re steaming, sautéing, or roasting. And now that I’ve added an Instant Pot to my kitchen arsenal, I have another delicious way to make them.
With the holidays coming up, I’m always looking for new recipes to make for our family dinners. I have a few criteria I look for when picking a recipe
- It has to be easy
- It has to be quick
- It has to travel well, since we rarely have meals at my house
These Instant Pot Glazed Carrots fit every one of my stipulations. They are beyond easy. They take less than 20 minutes and are perfect for loading in a Tupperware dish and heading out to visit family. Plus, using the instant pot gives the added bonus of freeing up my stovetop and oven for any other recipes I’m making.
I Don’t Have an Instant Pot!
But if you don’t have one, this recipe can be very easily adapted for the stove top. Simply boil the carrots until they are tender, then follow the same steps to sauté and mix with the brown sugar and butter.
How do you reheat the Glazed Carrots?
You can always reheat them until warm in the microwave. Or add them to a small saucepan with a little bit of extra butter and heat over medium until they are warm. I’m not going to lie – I’m a microwave reheater. It requires dirtying less dishes.
Other Side Dish Recipes You Might Like:
- Garlic Parmesan Crescent Rolls
- Ranch Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Shallots & Rosemary
- Stir-Fry Green Beans
Instant Pot Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Add all of your carrots and water to the instant pot. Close the lid on your instant pot and close the valve by pushing it away from you.
- Set your instant pot to high pressure for four minutes.
- Once your four minutes is up, do a manual release by Bringing the valve towards you. Drain the water from your instant pot and remove carrots. Set aside.
- Press cancel on your instant pot and then press sauté mode. Add your sugar butter and salt. Continue to mix until the butter is completely melted.
- Add your carrots to your butter and sugar mixture. Stir well and then serve! If you choose to make more servings keep the Pressure Cook time the same but multiply the ingredients.
Thanks for stopping by!