Tomato Avocado Bruschetta makes a perfect light lunch or easy appetizer.
I absolutely love fresh tomatoes. One of my favorite things about summer is eating just simple tomato sandwiches. Did I just reveal how truly Southern I am??
Today we’re making up a simple light lunch made with some fresh tomatoes! This Tomato Avocado Bruschetta is made gluten-free simply because the bread was GF. But you can make it using whatever style deli bread you have on hand!
Now I realize this is one of those recipes that probably really doesn’t need a step by step tutorial, but I was having fun with a borrowed camera & was taking pictures of everything! So cut the bread into thirds & brush some olive oil on each piece. Throw the bread under the broiler until it gets crisp & golden brown.
Top each piece of crisp bread with the layers of goodness, season it with some salt & pepper and then drizzle it with some extra olive oil. Pop those bad boys in the oven until the cheese has started to melt & you’ve got a super easy & super delicious light lunch, snack or appetizer.
- Turn the broiler on low.
- Cut the bread slices into thirds and lay on a cookie sheet. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Set under the broiler on the middle rack of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the bread is crisp and golden brown.
- While the bread is toasting cut the tomatoes and avocados into small slices.
- When the bread is out of the oven turn the oven over to 350 degrees and let preheat.
- While the oven is preheating, layer each slice of bread with a piece of cheese, tomato and avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the bread for extra flavor.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tomato and avocado are heated through.
*I used Udi's brand GF bread