So a couple of weeks ago I shared these Hoisin Glazed Pork Chops that we had for the Hubs birthday. My plan was to also share the side dish we had with it but then life happened, I got sick and never got it posted. So here you go, here’s the delicious side dish we had with our Hoisin Glazed Pork Chops.
- 1 pound frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper & ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a heavy frying pan on high heat ~ It should feel very hot if you hold your hand above the pan. When the frying pan is hot, add the vegetable oil and let it heat until the oil is shimmering ~ about 15-30 seconds. Add the sliced garlic and stir-fry just long enough so that it becomes fragrant and seasons the oil, then remove. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the green beans and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until the beans turn bright green and are just starting to cook. Pour in the sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce just starts to coat the beans, about 1 minute more. (There will be some sauce in the bottom of the wok, but not much.) Serve hot.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Kalyn’s Kitchen