1 box (3 ounces) blue jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
gummy fish – I used Swedish Fish being that it was the only kind I could find at the store
clear plastic cups – I used shot glass size found at the dollar store
small baking sheet (optional)
1. Prepare the jello according to the package directions.
2. Pour the jello into your clear plastic cups filling them about 3/4 of the way full – I placed the glasses on the small baking sheet so they were easier to move in and out of the fridge
3. Place the jello into the fridge to set for about an hour to two hours.
4. Put a gummy fish face down into the jello – this is where I had the problems – I assumed that Swedish fish would be similar in size to gummy bears – sadly mistaken, they were as big as the glass!
5. Place the cups back in the fridge for 2 more hours to fully set.
Serve these immediately! The fish become nasty as they sit in the jello. We had these as snack in the afternoon and by the time the hubs got home from work maybe 2 hours later they were already starting to turn gross.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Come Together Kids
I’m so happy to hear that Julie! Thank you for stopping by!!
I really enjoy your blog! Thank you so much for linking up to Fabulous Fridays! 🙂
Thank you for the follow Katie! Always happy to have new friends! I will head over and return the follow! 🙂
Hope you are having a great weekend!
I am now following you from a Friday blog hop. Please visit me at [email protected] and do the same.
I love this idea.
Thank you so much Courtney! That means so much coming from you!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
You have so many clever ideas! A plethora of resources for mamas with toddlers. Glad I found you via the R,W&Y Followfest <3 Courtney BaxtronLife
Awe, thanks Melanie! Princess P had no complaints even though the fish was too big for the glass!! As long as she was happy, it works!
Have a great weekend!
These are super cute! My little one would love them!!