Chocolate Covered Cherry Minis
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate milk*
Maraschino cherries – enough to include one with each cupcake – I used 48
INGREDIENTS FOR CHERRY FROSTING:
8 oz sour cream
3/4 of a 8 ounce tub of whipped cream
1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons cherry juice for the jar of Maraschino cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin tin with baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, sour cream and milk until blended.
3. Add the cake mix and beat with a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
4. Fill the baking cups halfway full with the cake mix.
5. Place one cherry in the center of each cupcake.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean – just remember the cherry is there in the middle 🙂
7. Let the cupcake cool for a few minutes in the pan and then allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling (or baking, whichever works for you) make your frosting:
1. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar and cherry juice.
2. Beat with chilled beaters on medium speed until fluffy – it took a few minutes to get it fluffy.
3. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
*You can use regular milk in making the cupcakes – I simply like to use chocolate milk when making a chocolate cake – I think it enhances the chocolate flavor.
Any family food fights in your house?
LIKE Mom on Facebook ~ FOLLOW Mom on Twitter ~ FOLLOW Mom on Pinterest
These sound absolutely amazing!
Sparkles and Shoes
I love your menu plan. I am getting read to head to the store now and thinking what to cook. Ha!
Newest GFC follower from TTWFI. I am hosting Mom’s Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up! Have over 170 moms blogs. Great place to network. Hope to see you there!
Hello there! I am your newest follower, found you on the Naptime Review. I love to cook too! Visit me when you have a chance and follow back if you’d like! These cherry minis look DELISH!!!
Chocolate and cherries are a match made in heaven! One of my absolute favorite combinations 🙂 thanks for the recipe!
If you have a few minutes to spare, feel free to check out my blog and follow if it tickles your fancy! 🙂 I’m a lover of food photography and post mostly that on my blog!
Have a great day!
These look really good. I’m turning into a cupcake baking fanatic so I’ll have to try them sometime. Thanks for the follow on Twitter. I’m now a followe of your blog via GFC. My blog is about food and DIY. Stop on by sometime. 🙂