This pasta salad is absolutely delicious & so easy to throw together during the day for dinner that night! Only difference I would make is adding additional bacon right before serving because the bacon does lose some of its crispness in the fridge. It still is one of our new favorite pasta salads & I will definitely be making it again!
- 1 package (12 ounces) rotini pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) center cut bacon
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained & rinsed
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) creamy Italian dressing
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini pasta in the boiling water based on package directions, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite; drain.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Wilt spinach in the skillet with the reserved bacon grease over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss cooked pasta with 1/3 cup Italian-style dressing in a large bowl; stir bacon, spinach, and green onions into coated pasta.
- Stir creamy Italian-style dressing, and tomatoes into pasta mixture. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes