Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce #SundaySupper
Summers ending, the pools and playgrounds are less crowded, 20 mph speed limits begin to exist again. Its that time of year folks. The kids are back in school.
When I saw this week’s #SundaySupper was about quick & easy 30 minute meals ~ hosted by Nicole of Daily Dish Recipes, I knew I had to get involved. Even though Princess P is not school aged yet, anyone that has or has had a toddler in the house knows that standing in the kitchen slaving over a time-consuming dinner is probably never going to be a reality. I’m lucky to pee alone. Standing in the kitchen cooking for 20 minutes uninterrupted? That ain’t happening.
One of our favorite weeknight meals is pizza. But not your everyday pepperoni pizza. We try to find unique sauces or toppings. And we love using flatbread for our crust. It just adds a whole new level of easy to the meal. Pile everything on top of the flatbread, throw it in the oven for 5 minutes or so and ding, you have dinner! Toddler approved for time & mommy approved for easy!
1 bunch cilantro leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 of a medium jalapeno, seeded & chopped
juice from 1 small lime
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can (11 ounces) corn & peppers, drained
1. To make the Cilantro Garlic Sauce: combine the cilantro, garlic, green onion, jalapeno, lime juice & olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until combined & then blend until smooth.
2. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
3. Top the flat bread with the cilantro garlic sauce ~ there will be enough sauce for at least 3-4, possibly more, flatbread pizzas depending on how much sauce you use on each
4. Add the corn & peppers to the pizza, top with the mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the pizzas are heated through & the cheese has melted.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: two peas & their pod
*This sauce was so delicious and would work so well with all different types of toppings. I may try it next with some Garlic Tequila Chicken as a topping! It would pair nicely with just a simple side salad if you need something extra with your pizza!
And if you need even more back to school menu ideas, just take a look at our awesome line up of recipes made by the #SundaySupper Crew:
- Greek Dogs by Supper For a Steal
- Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Zucchini, Corn and Bacon Crepes by Vintage Kitchen
- Oregon Shrimp Quesadillas by Pescetarian Journal
- Korean omelet rice by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Dillled Salmon Croquette Burgers by Granny’s Southern Cooking
- Gluten Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup & grilled cheese sandwich by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Stove top mac ‘n cheese by Gotta Get Baked
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Pasta with Creamy Kale Pesto by Webicurean
- Baked Spanish Tortilla by Happy Baking Days
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Beans by The Lemon Bowl
- Tomato Pie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Shredded Chicken in Peanut Sauce Tacos w/ Corn & Zucchini Sauté by GirliChef
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta & Peas by Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Lemon & Dill Shrimp Pasta w/ Oven Roast Corn by Mama, Mommy, Mom
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Kung Pao Shrimp by Mangoes and Chutney
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Lo Mein by The Meltaways
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Jerk Chicken Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trial’s in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Chorizo Tomato Pasta with a Creamy Sauce by Avocado Pesto
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta. Will be dinner this Friday by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Teriyaki Tuna Bowl by Family Foodie
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Ties by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Also, please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day today. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our chat!
We’d also love to feature your Back to School Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
RECIPE PROUDLY LINKED TO: Couponing & Cooking, Creating My Way To Success, Flour Me With Love, This Gal Cooks, Addicted to Recipes, My Favorite Finds, Twinkle In The Eye, Little Becky Homecky, Happy Hour Projects
That’s a bit different. I never thought to try corn on pizza! Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday 🙂
I love the corn! What an awesome, out of the box, pizza topping.
Jamie @ http://www.mamamommymom.com
This looks awesome! I love cilantro, and flatbread pizza, too. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.
Very different Jamie, I like it!
Thank you so much!
Love this! It is after 9pm, and I want it now!
I love a quick pizza for dinner. I’ll have to try your cilantro garlic. Sounds like a wonderful combination.
Thank you so much!
Sounds amazing and veggie too ! I would love to make this ! Sounds exotic and interesting !!!
Thank you so much! It was so good!
Ha this post made me laugh because when I first moved to the UK I noticed that all of the pizza restaurants had a pizza option with corn on it and it was usually called the “Americana”. I had never heard of corn on a pizza but apparently in the UK they think we all eat it that way. But you know what this does look pretty amazing so I might give it a try. 🙂 I am always looking for a toddler time approved meal so thanks for sharing.
Lol, your comment made me laugh! I love corn & anything that has a mexican flavor has to have corn in it! But your comment made me think back to when I was in school a LONG time ago, the boys used to put corn on top of their cheese pizza!
I always forget how easy it is to make a pizza–and this one looks great!
Love the look of this, something so different! I love flatbread too!!
This looks great! And there are so many other recipes you listed that I need to check out. Thanks!
Yes, please do Lisa! All of the other recipes are amazing! Thanks for stopping by & commenting!
Yummy! This is a wonderful pizza, especially for me as I’m a vegetarian 🙂
I think you would love it Winnie! 🙂
Oh yeah, pizza is a family favorite and I love this cilantro sauce! WOWZA!
Awe, thank you Laura!
What a great Mexican pizza! Perfect for a meatless meal…or any #SundaySupper 🙂
Thanks so much Liz!
Thank you so much for following along with the first ever ‘Friday Chaos’. Hope you come back again next week.
I have just reached my first milestone on my blog and I’m hosting a mini give away be sure to stop by and check it out!
Look forward to seeing you again next week.
I am your newest follower, I would love a follow back at https://lefthandedideas.com
Delicious sauce, not only for pizza! Wonderful for my almost everday pasta!
It would be good on pasta ~ I would probably add a bit more olive oil so it thins out a little but great idea!! I think I’m going to have to try that now! 🙂
Yum! I really like cilantro so I’m always up for any recipe that I can use it in. I’ve never had a pizza with a cilantro sauce either.
We had never had a cilantro sauce on a pizza before but both the Hubs & I loved it! We are huge cilantro fans so this was a winner for us!
Did someone say cilantro? Yes!
I need that Cilantro Garlic Sauce NOW. Yum!
Lol, I would love to share with you!
IS that corn I see on that pizza!!! yum!
LOL, I love corn on anything!! 🙂
My hubby would love this! Perfect to make when you’re strapped for time but still want a tasty dinner!
It’s great too because you can make the sauce ahead of time if you need to making it even easier! Thanks for stopping by!
I adore cilantro! I can’t wait to try this one!
We are huge cilantro fans too! Thanks for stopping by!
This is just a fabulous recipe. I can see it also as an appetizer when I entertain. Lovely and quick too!
It would be great as an appetizer! Put the sauce on the small pita rounds ~ that would work great!! Thanks for the sweet comment!
So quick and easy, and it looks absolutely delicious! Great dish – and enjoy your #SundaySupper!
Thank you so much Katy!