Asian Noodle Bowls
This flavor of this recipe was really good, I just wish I had added an additional packet or two of noodles. We ran out of noodles before we ran out of veggies! If you give it a try, use at least 1 extra packet of noodles.
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup hoison sauce
2 tablespoons peanut butter
large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
1 bell pepper, seeded & cut into thin strips
2 cups frozen broccoli
1 cup frozen green beans
5 cups water, divided
2 packages Ramin Noodles, any flavor
1 can (8.5 ounces) sweet golden corn, drained
1 cup matchstick carrots
1. In a small bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, hoison sauce, peanut butter & crushed red pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute the onion & bell pepper until just tender, only about a minute or two. Add the frozen broccoli, green beans & 1 cup water. Cover and cook until the veggies are crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, fill a large saucepan with 4 cups of water. Heat the water to a rapid boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
4. Add the corn, carrots & sauce to the vegetable mixture. Stir, and cooking uncovered until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the noodles to individual bowls & top with the vegetables and sauce.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Betty Crocker
yum! this looks so delicious!
p.s. i’m your newest follower 🙂
YUMMO! I found you via THE NY Melrose Place and I think I just gained 10 pounds! 🙂 I’m following you on GFC and like you on face book so I don’t miss a yummy thing! Come visit sometime!
It looks great!
Wonderful dish for me as I’m a vegetarian
oh that looks damn good.
now follow you thru GFC. found u thru the naptime review gfc follower blog hop. thanks!
I like the looks of it with all those veggies. Looks really yum.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for commenting! It was really good, just wish I had extra noodles! 🙂 But I wasn’t complaining about eating the veggies with that sauce!
This looks so delicious!! My family and I love veggies. I’m newly following from the hop. Stop in and visit me soon :).
We love veggies too! Alot of weeks we’ll eat meatless most days! So glad to have you here as a new friend!