Have you been thinking about heavenly fall desserts lately? These Caramel Apple Cookies are the perfect way to enjoy all of the flavors of fall in one bite! They’re soft, chewy, and full of delicious caramel apple flavor.
These cookies are great for every day, and also perfect for the holidays. Birthdays. Potlucks. Anytime you want to show your friends and family how much you care, make this Caramel Apple Cookies recipe!
Why You’ll Love these Caramel Apple Cookies
- Caramel flavor galore: These Caramel Apple Cookies are soft, chewy and packed with delicious caramel apple flavor.
- Best cookies for the holidays: There is something about the holidays that make these cookies even more special. The flavors of fall come together in one perfect bite.
- Easiest apple cookie recipe: This caramel apple cookie recipe is so easy to make. The dough comes together quickly and they bake up in just a few minutes. You’ll have fresh, warm cookies in no time!
- Use room temperature ingredients. Room temperature ingredients mix together much easier and produce a more consistent cookie.
- Make sure to use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will help prevent the cookies from sticking and make cleanup a breeze.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out the dough. This will ensure that all of the cookies are uniform in size and bake up.
How to Store Caramel Apple Cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
If you want them to last even longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat them, just pop them in the oven for a few minutes to refresh them and they’ll be as good as new!
Variation Options for the Best Caramel Apple Cookies
If you’re feeling creative, there are a few ways you can change up this recipe to make it your own.
- Add some spice: If you like a little bit of heat, try adding a teaspoon or two of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough.
- Add some chocolate: If you’re a chocoholic, try adding some chocolate chips or chunks to the dough before baking. You can also drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies for an extra-special treat.
With so many delicious possibilities, there’s no reason not to try this Caramel Apple Cookies recipe!
FAQs for Apple and Caramel Cookies
Yes, you can make these cookies without the caramel. Just omit the caramels from the recipe and they will still be delicious!
Yes, you can make these cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. I like to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
No, the caramel will not stick to parchment paper. I like to use a Silpat mat because it prevents sticking and makes cleanup a breeze!
How to Make Caramel Apple Cookies
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Granulated sugar
- Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix, not sugar free
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- All purpose flour
Get the details of how to make these yummy cookies on the recipe card below.
These Caramel Apple Cookies are amazing! While they are fall themed cookies, any time of year is a great time to go into your kitchen and start making delicious cookies!
More Ways to Use Apples to MAke Decadent Desserts:
- Apple Pie Dip
- Apple Pie Dip Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Waffles
- Caramel Apple Bars
- Caramel Apple Sticky Bun Ring
- Fried Apples
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Caramel Apple Cider Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box (10 packets) Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix not sugar free
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 bag (14 ounces) caramel candies unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper – you definitely want to use parchment to prevent the caramel from sticking to your baking sheet.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and all 10 packets of apple cider mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough scrapping off the excess as you go up the bowl ~ I used a 1/2 tablespoon measuring cup.
- Flatten the dough slightly in your hand and place a caramel in the center – I also flattened the caramel with the back of a spoon ~ it helped make the caramel all throughout the cookie rather than in just the very middle.
- Scoop another portion of dough and then work the dough around the caramel, sealing well – if you are using a normal cookie scoop you wouldn’t need the second portion of dough ~ I was just using too small of a scoop.
- Place the cookies two inches apart on the sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- After baking, carefully slide the parchment with the cookies onto the counter. Let cool until they are no longer soft but still slightly warm. Twist gently to remove, and cool the rest of the way upside down on the parchment or on a cooling rack.
DID YOU TRY THESE CARAMEL APPLE COOKIES? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!
Leave me a comment below or snap a photo of your plate and tag @momstestkitchen on social. I would love to know what you’re cooking up!
Thanks for stopping by!