Apple Oatmeal Muffins – Freezer Friendly
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking cocoa
sprinkle of salt
1 & 1/4 cup milk
3 cups quick cook oats
3 small apples, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners.
2. Beat together butter, eggs and brown sugar.
3. Mix in the baking powder, almond extract, cinnamon, cocoa and salt.
4. Stir in the milk and oats.
5. Fold in the apples.
6. Scoop evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes or until muffins are set.
8. Cool & enjoy
Once completely cool, freeze in gallon size Ziploc bags
TO SERVE FROZEN
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Warm in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
~Recipe inspired by Money Saving Mom & Sugar-Free Mom