15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta #SRC
Quick & easy to throw together, this 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta makes a perfect, healthy dinner for those busy weeknights!
Welcome to June’s Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I was paired up with Asiya from Chocolate & Chillies. Asiya’s photo’s are absolutely stunning and I enjoyed checking out her recipes! And I enjoyed learning that Asiya & I both got started blogging for very similar reasons! 🙂
When I was looking through her recipes, I definitely had trouble picking just one. She really had a bunch that I wanted to make & honestly will probably make soon! But for this month’s reveal, I decided on this quick & easy dinner. This was a perfect recipe for us for dinner. We’ve been so busy already this summer that our dinner’s have really been slacking so being able to get a homemade, healthy meal on the table was a hit!
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 cloves roasted garlic minced
- 1 medium avocado pitted & diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups dry pasta
- approximately 1/2 cup pasta water
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the oil, lemon juice, 3/4 of the lemon zest and minced garlic to a blender & lightly mix. Add the avocado and salt & blend until smooth.
- Once you pasta is cooked, reserve a 1/2 cup of the water from cooking. Slowly add the pasta water to the avocado sauce to get your desired consistency.
- Drain the pasta. Mix the pasta and sauce. Garnish with the remaining lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
This looks like such a great summer dinner! I’ve never been to Aiysa’s blog… thank you for introducing me to her!
Pasta and Avocado…how could it not be delicious…YUM
Oh, I so totally want a bowl of this right now. I would love this dish – looks like a keeper to me 🙂
I haven’t tried avocado in pasta yet. Avocados are one of my most favorite foods. This dish looks fantastic! Happy Reveal Day!
That looks and sounds so yummy Jaime! Beautiful photos.
This sounds so yummy! I love avocado and the combo with garlic and lemon sounds awesome!
I do love avocados and pasta, so why not put them together?! Great recipe! Awesome pick this month 🙂
I love everything about this – and it’s perfect timing. It looks like a perfect summer vegetarian dinner for me. LOVE. Great pick.
I have yet to try and make avocado “sauce” for pasta, I think it is a great idea, and remember seeing this recipe on her site
great pick for your assignment, hope you are having a wonderful Monday!
How do you make such a simple bowl of pasta look so good!??
This is one of our favourite pastas to have and it comes so quickly together! Thanks for your kind words and Happy Reveal Day!