Quick & easy to throw together, this 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta makes a perfect, healthy dinner for those busy weeknights!
Welcome to June’s Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I was paired up with Asiya from Chocolate & Chillies. Asiya’s photo’s are absolutely stunning and I enjoyed checking out her recipes! And I enjoyed learning that Asiya & I both got started blogging for very similar reasons! 🙂
When I was looking through her recipes, I definitely had trouble picking just one. She really had a bunch that I wanted to make & honestly will probably make soon! But for this month’s reveal, I decided on this quick & easy dinner. This was a perfect recipe for us for dinner. We’ve been so busy already this summer that our dinner’s have really been slacking so being able to get a homemade, healthy meal on the table was a hit!
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 cloves roasted garlic minced
- 1 medium avocado pitted & diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups dry pasta
- approximately 1/2 cup pasta water
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the oil, lemon juice, 3/4 of the lemon zest and minced garlic to a blender & lightly mix. Add the avocado and salt & blend until smooth.
- Once you pasta is cooked, reserve a 1/2 cup of the water from cooking. Slowly add the pasta water to the avocado sauce to get your desired consistency.
- Drain the pasta. Mix the pasta and sauce. Garnish with the remaining lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.