Simple turkey burgers are given an Asian flair with these easy to make Teriyaki Turkey Burgers!
Welcome to July’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal! This month I was assigned the fabulous Renee of Kudos Kitchen by Renee! I’ve actually been reading Renee’s blog for awhile now so I am excited to get to feature one of her recipes. Renee has a great selection of recipes to pick from & it definitely wasn’t easy to decide on what to make. But I knew her Teriyaki Turkey Burgers would be a hit in our house & I loved how the recipe seemed to get together so I had my pick! And I definitely picked a winner! These burgers were super moist & flavorful! They will definitely be making a repeat appearance on our menu!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, breadcrumbs, red onion, red peppers, garlic, ginger, & teriyaki sauce and mix until combined. Season with the pepper. Shape the mixture into 6 patties
- Preheat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook on each side until they are caramelized and brown (they do not have to be completely cooked through as they'll still be going in the oven).
- Remove the patties and place them in a large baking dish that has been sprayed lightly with oil.
- Top each burger with one drained pineapple ring each - I only had a small can of pineapple rings so only 4 out of my 6 burgers had pineapple. Top each burger & pineapple ring with a small handful of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cook the burgers in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted and the burgers are no longer pink inside (165 degrees).