1 box (3 ounces) blue jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
gummy fish – I used Swedish Fish being that it was the only kind I could find at the store
clear plastic cups – I used shot glass size found at the dollar store
small baking sheet (optional)
1. Prepare the jello according to the package directions.
2. Pour the jello into your clear plastic cups filling them about 3/4 of the way full – I placed the glasses on the small baking sheet so they were easier to move in and out of the fridge
3. Place the jello into the fridge to set for about an hour to two hours.
4. Put a gummy fish face down into the jello – this is where I had the problems – I assumed that Swedish fish would be similar in size to gummy bears – sadly mistaken, they were as big as the glass!
5. Place the cups back in the fridge for 2 more hours to fully set.
Serve these immediately! The fish become nasty as they sit in the jello. We had these as snack in the afternoon and by the time the hubs got home from work maybe 2 hours later they were already starting to turn gross.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Come Together Kids