1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease your muffin tin.
2. Separate the crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
4. Dip each marshmallow into the melted butter.
5. Then dip each marshmallow into the cinnamon sugar mix.
6. Lay a marshmallow into the center of the crescent triangle.
7. Wrap the crescent roll around the marshmallow, making sure to seal all of the edges – make sure they are sealed VERY well!
8. Dip the tops of the crescent roll into the melted butter and then into the remaining cinnamon sugar mix.
9. Place the crescent roll into the muffin tin sugared side up.
10. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
As you make these, you can explain to your children that the crescent roll represents the Tomb. The white marshmallow represents the body of Jesus, pure and sinless. The melted butter and cinnamon/sugar represent the oils and spices that the women brought to anoint His body. The disappearing marshmallow and the cavity in the bun after it has cooked become the empty tomb and His rising from the grave!
~Recipe inspired by Allrecipes