Simple Butter Cookie Dough
White Icing of choice – I used Wilton Buttercream
Green food coloring
Colored Sugar – I used pink, yellow and orange
Pipe Cleaners – I used pink, yellow and orange to match the sugars
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease your mini muffin tin.
2. Roll the Butter Cookie dough into balls large enough to almost fill the mini muffin tin – remember this dough does not rise
3. Roll the dough balls into your colored sugar and place in the mini muffin tin.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Add drops of the green food coloring to your icing until you get your desired shade of green – think Easter Basket ‘grass’
6. Once your cookies have completely cooled, use your green icing to frost the tops of the cookies.
7. Place the jelly beans on top of the frosting as ‘eggs’ – I was able to get 2 on each cookie.
8. Insert the pipe cleaner into the top of your cookie for the basket handle.
~Recipe Inspired by Betty Crocker