Tie-Dye Cake Cookies – 4th of July Plan B
I had a hard time trying to decide what I was going to make for the 4th of July. There are way too many cute ideas now thanks entirely to my personal addiction. Plus my original idea was a total bust (more on that tomorrow). So in an effort to not make my brain explode, I simply channeled my Devil Food Cookies and ta-da – you have Tie-Dye Cake Cookies!
1 package white cake mix
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons water
red food coloring
blue food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and water – the batter will be thick.
3. Separate out half of the batter into a second bowl.
4. Add the red food coloring to one bowl and the blue food coloring to the other. Mix the colors into your dough to reach your desired colors.
5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the blue cookie dough filling the scoop up about half way.
6. Scoop the red cookie dough to fill up the rest of the scoop.
7. Drop the cookies onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges are turning golden brown.
9. Cool for a minute or two before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.