1 head broccoli crowns, cut into florets
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
large pinch crushed red pepper
salt & pepper to season
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli and 3 tablespoons of olive oil until the broccoli is well coated. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Transfer the broccoli to the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
4. Stir together the remaining tablespoon oil, garlic and red pepper in a small bowl.
5. Drizzle the mixture over the broccoli and stir to coat.
6. Roast the broccoli another 8-10 minutes, until the broccoli is beginning to brown.
*I have also used this recipe to make roasted asparagus and it was wonderful!
*I served this with the Simple Garlic Chicken
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: WebMD
We are not fans of broccoli in our home. My husband and I love kale chips, since this follows the same roasting method we gave it a try. I can’t believe it, I love broccoli- well this broccoli. We left off the red pepper flakes and garlic since we served it to our children. My son, ate plate after plate of your broccoli. My daughter is a true carnivore and doesn’t like any green vegetables (even though she is required to have three bites with each dinner). Thank you for a deliciously simple recipe for broccoli. We’ll definitely be making this again (hopefully my daughter will change her mind one day).
I’m so happy y’all liked it so much Theresa! I wish I could get my daughter to eat plates of it!! And I’ve never tried Kale chips, maybe I’ll have to use this same recipe to give them a try!
Thank you so much for stopping by & for such a sweet comment!
Can you use frozen broccoli
I haven’t used frozen broccoli with this particular recipe but I have used frozen vegetables for roasting & it has worked just fine. If you’re putting it directly in the oven frozen, you may just need to increase the cooking time.
I made this for dinner tonight. The broccoli browned within the first 15 min so I watched it more closely for the 2nd half, only cooking it for 5 min or so. It tasted GREAT! I usually like things low salt but for some reason when I eat this, I like it saltier. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks for posting it!
Oh, I’m so glad you liked it!! I have a bad habit of liking my roasted veggies really roasted so I’m glad they didn’t get too done for you!!