Sweet, salty & spicy come together in this perfect kid-friendly Valentine’s Day snack! Simple to make, Red Hot Candied Popcorn will become a new favorite treat!
You know what I realized this year? After two years of blogging, I have never posted a Valentine’s Day recipe! How in the world I have skipped Valentine’s day every year??
It’s been awhile since I made some popcorn so I decided to give the recipe I’ve seen all over Pinterest a try. And I was definitely not disappointed. I made a few changes from the original recipe I pinned & made it more similar to my monkey bread popcorn and it was delicious. This is a popcorn recipe you should definitely try out!
Red Hot Candied Popcorn
- 2 bags microwavable popcorn popped
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 bag 6 ounces red hot candies
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Put the popped popcorn, removing in unpopped kernels, into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt the butter, sugar, corn syrup & red hot candies. This will take a bit of time for the candies to completely melt. Stir occasionally as it heats.
- Once everything is completely melted, slowly pour the sauce over the popcorn, tossing to evenly coat.
- Spread the popcorn out onto 2 large baking sheets. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.