Chocolate Chip Banana Peanut Butter Mini Muffins #SRC
Chocolate Chip Banana Peanut Butter Mini Muffins are a perfect kid-friendly breakfast! Easy to make ahead & filled with fruit, it will make your mornings easier & your kids mornings delicious!
Welcome to January’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal! We took December off to celebrate the holidays & now we are back for another great year in 2014!!
For this month’s reveal, I had the privilege of getting to pick a recipe to make from Melissa at BKLYN Locavore. I had actually never been introduced to Melissa’s blog before now but over the last month it has become a favorite! Melissa and her husband are challenging themselves to eat only foods grown locally to their area & to enjoy the specific foods for each of the seasons. As not only a food blogger, but a mom, her challenge was inspiring to me! Did you know that Dallas has one of the best & largest local Farmer’s Markets and I have never once been to check it out! Melissa has convinced me that needs to change! 🙂
Melissa has a great list of recipes she’s created on her blog – everything from drinks to preserving food! As I was looking through her recipes trying to decide on just one to make, I found a breakfast recipe that won me over. Again, as a mom, I’m always on the hunt for recipe’s my daughter will like but that will be nutritious & maybe even sneak in some extra fruits or vegetables. Melissa’s Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Muffins was just that recipe!
And my daughter loved them! She ate probably somewhere between a half to a whole dozen of the muffins the day we baked them!
Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 ripe bananas mashed or cut into small slices
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips - I used semi-sweet
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed. Add the applesauce, bananas and peanut butter individually, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture in slowly, making sure the flour is well blended before adding more. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full - I used my tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the dough & fill the tins somewhat evenly.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out relatively clean (there will be some melted chocolate).
- Let cool for a minute or two in the pan & then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Oh my goodness…peanut butter, chocolate AND bananas? You won me over. Love your pictures. I just pinned these to make sometime. Also visiting from group D
Those look soooo good! Beautiful photos!
Thank you so much Karen!
Wow, some great flavors going on in there. Banana, peanut butter, and chocolate… I bet these were amazing. Great job this month! 🙂
Thank you April!
Oh my gosh I just love these! Pinning them right now! Really wonderful SRC pick this month. Great job.
Thanks so much for pinning Susan!! 🙂
Love, LOVE, Love a good muffin recipe! The combo of PB, banana and CC’s sounds delish! Fabulous SRC pick! 🙂
Thank you Avril! They were a huge hit with the kiddo! 🙂
There is something about mini muffins that gets me every time. Plus these have chocolate. Great pick!
Wow, such a great muffin combination! My son would love these.
These have been bumped right to the top of the to-make list! Happening tonight, thank you for the inspiration!
I hope you like them Risa!!
I love anything with peanut butter, chocolate and banana! Great SRC pick~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
I love everything about the flavor combination of these little adorable muffins! Great pick this month 🙂
They are simply adorable! I think mini-muffins are so much better than the regular size, and the combo of banana and choc chips is great!
they look delicious! great choice 🙂 Happy Reveal Day..
Chocolate and banana is definitely a killer combo… these sound great! Happy SRC day!
These mini muffins look so tasty!
What a beautiful looking recipe. This would be perfect for a breakfast! Great SRC pick this month!
Ah! Those are just so cute 🙂 I bet they were delicious too!
happy reveal day
These look so GOOD! I’ve yet to do the banana / chocolate combo but have wanted to forever. I’m going to have to give these ones a try. I know my son would eat these up in no time flat.
Yum! It’s hard to beat the banana/chocolate/peanut butter combination! I think I would be in the same boat as your daughter with not being able to stop eating them!