Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip
Welcome to Day #6 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have! Should we make it an annual event? I think so!
Can you believe that Appetizer Week is already over? It has gone by so fast!! I really hope you have enjoyed all of the amazing snacks that have been shared this week!
For my last recipe, I present to you this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip! It was so simple to make & the Hubs really enjoyed it! Since I like to keep it real here, I didn’t really enjoy it. But I’m not a fan of cream cheese at all & even with the fresh cilantro & lime juice, I still could taste too much cream cheese. But you try it for yourself & then come back and let me know what you thought!!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more dishes for the Big Game:
- Onion Blossom by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Thai Chicken Wings by Kiss My Smoke
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Kickin’ Meatballs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Vegan Creamy Spinach Dip by Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Salsa Cheesecake by Organized Island
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bites by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Parmesan and Dill Snack Crackers by From Gate to Plate
- Game Day Guacamole by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Spiced Popcorn by Wonky Wonderful
- Smoked Salmon Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Queso Stuffed Padron Peppers over Romesco by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hoisin Beef and Scallion Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Potato Stacks by Food Lust People Love
- Party Pinwheels by My Catholic Kitchen
- Parmesan Asparagus Phylo Spears by Makobi Scribe
- Black Bean Hummus by Home Cooking Memories
- Mini Beef Wellingtonsby Clarks Condensed
- PB & J Wings by Cooking In Stilettos
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Roasted Almonds by Try Anything Once Culinary
Be sure to keep scrolling past the Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip recipe to get entered in the giveaway!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip
- 1 tub 8 ounces whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- juice from one small lime
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well - the dip will be thick.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve; at least one hour.
Now for the giveaway:
Today’s giveaway is absolutely amazing. It is a huge cookbook giveaway, one winner takes ALL. We would like to thank Healthy Slow Cooking, Scarletta Bakes, Quarry Spoon and Fair Winds Press. We appreciate all our sponsors and folks who helped put together this fabulous giveaway. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Sorry to all our Canuck and International friends.
List of cookbooks up for grabs for #AppetizerWeek, one winner takes ALL:
Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just For You by Kathy Hester
The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester
The New Southwest: Classic Flavors with a Modern Twist by Meagan Micozzi
Easy as Pie Pops: Small on Size and Huge on Flavor and Fun by Andrea Smetona
Stuffed The Ultimate Comfort Food Cookbook: Taking Your Favorite Foods and Stuffing Them to Make New, Different and Delicious Meals by Dan Whalen
Baking by Hand: Make the Best Artisanal Breads and Pastries Better Without a Mixer by Andy King
Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans by Natalie Slater
Stealth Health Lunches Kids Love: Irresistible and Nutritious Gluten-Free Sandwiches, Wraps and Other Easy Eats by Tracy Griffith
Scoop Adventures: The Best Ice Cream of the 50 States: Make the Real Recipes from the Greatest Ice Cream Parlors in the Country by Lindsay Clendaniel
Gluten-Free 101: The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Easy Gluten-Free Cooking by Carol Fenster
Vegan Food Gifts by Joni Marie Newman
Whole Grain Vegan Baking by Celine Steen
Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats From Around the World by Allyson Kramer
The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook by Molly Krause
500 Paleo Recipes by Dana Carpenter
Paleo Sweets and Treats by Heather Connell
Fire in my Belly by Kevin Gillespie
Latin American Street Food by Sandra Gutierrez
Eat your Vegetables by Joe Yonan
Cooking Slow by Andy Schloss
This looks like a really yummy dip..have to try this sometime 🙂
My favorite cookbook is the America’s Test Kitchen – the binder style cookbook. Everything I’ve ever cooked from it turns out perfect (naturally)
Would love to win! Thank u
As a college student I love to use 365 Slow Cooker Suppers!
My fav is deceptionally delicious
This is amazing. I love a good dip and this one looks like perfection. Thanks so much for joining us this week. xx
I am one of those people who LOVES cilantro. I can’t wait to make this! Perfect appetizer for me to bring to our big Super Bowl party! Thanks for sharing!
I hope you like it!!
This dip looks fantastic. This has been such a great week. I seriously just want to snack for the next month with all the delicious things I pinned.
I’m so glad you found so many great recipes you want to try out Emily!! I could eat appetizers for dinner just about every night I think!!
Trader Joes makes an amazing cilantro-chive yogurt dip that I just adore. Maybe try using a plain greek yogurt instead of the cream cheese next time? Or half and half?
That’s a really good idea Nikki! I wish we had talked a few days ago – I have greek yogurt in my fridge right now!! 🙁 Going to try it again using the yogurt! 🙂
I love The New Way to Cook Light by Cooking Light! Everytime I make one of the recipes from the book, it always turns out amazing!
That is easy! Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook. I love using my cookbook.