Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn #SundaySupper
Show of hands ~ who has forgotten to pull meat out of the freezer until it was time to start making dinner? Maybe forgotten that meat needed to marinate for at least a few hours before being cooked?? Don’t be ashamed, there’s no judgement here. I did the marinating thing just this last week. Thought I just seasoned the chicken and then cooked it. Nope, it needed to marinate.
So what do you do when your best laid dinner plans get shot to hell? Well, if you’re me, you grab a box of Chicken Helper from the pantry (the whole grain kind, I do try to eat the healthy processed food), some frozen chicken fries & some frozen carrots and boom, you’ve got a dinner.
This week for #SundaySupper, our wonderful host Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites has asked us all to bring a dish that requires a limited number of ingredients to the table. I’m talking 5 ingredients or less people!!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP POPCORN
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook popcorn according to package directions. Empty into a bowl with a lid being sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips & vanilla.
- Cook on low heat until everything is melted & smooth.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and toss with a spoon to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Store covered in the fridge.
*Optional ~ sprinkle powdered sugar on top prior to serving
THIS RECIPE IS PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
Need a little more inspiration for those days you just don’t feel like cooking an elaborate meal? My #SundaySupper friends have got you covered:
BREAKFAST, STARTERS, BUTTER & JAMS:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Don’t forget to join us on Twitter throughout the day today for #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your favorite 5 ingredient or less recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Thanks for joining us around the table for #SundaySupper!
Um, yeah, about this popcorn, I’m gonna need some! This looks killer! Yummo.
Lol, thank you Jennie!!
Another great idea of peanut butter! Love this snack!
Yes my hand is raised, I have done things like that so many times. I am terrible at reading my recipe beforehand to check if there is anything I need to do the night before. Now I set reminders in my calendar, since I do meal planning any way, to go off the night before with any reminders that need to be done before the meal.
I think I love you for this recipe 🙂
OH MY!! I could eat the whole bowl and want more!!
I’m sure this is heavenly if you like peanut butter 🙂
Lol, one day I’m going to make a dessert that even you will love!! 🙂 <3
I have never been a fan of pre-made coated popcorn. This homemade version is just what I have been looking for and you can’t go wrong with peanut butter.
Love sweet popcorn, and really how can you go wrong when pb cups are involved!
So very true Erin!! 🙂
This is just decadent and sounds so good
Thank you so much!
This reminds me of the no bake cookies except you used popcorn instead of oats. Very smart!
sinfully delicious…. YUM
My son just asked if I could make this for his birthday treat! yum!!
Reese’s and Butterfinger are my favorite candy bars…so this popcorn is right up my alley!
I love butterfingers too! Hmmm… wonder if I could make a butterfinger popcorn??
Thanks so much for stopping by!
oh holy crap I did not need to read this recipe!!!! Welcome to my obsessive compulsion with all things chocolate and peanut butter that take less than a few min to make! YUM! I will def be trying this as a treat for the kids
Lol, I never should have made this!! The whole bowl was gone way too quickly! My only negative about it is that the popcorn loses some of its crunch from the melted chocolate & pb so next time I think I might add some honey roasted peanuts to it to keep the crunch! I hope your kids like!! Let me know what you think!
This looks like something my husband would love!
Oh I love peanut butter cups, so you can imagine how excited I am over this awesome (and easy!) popcorn. I think I would even take it one step further and adds chunks of peanut butter cups 😉
Adding some chopped up peanut butter cups to it would be awesome!!
Excuse me? Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn? Are you kidding me? This is the yummiest looking recipe so far! wow!
Totally pinning and trying this!
I love this recipe sooo much! How creative! I know this will be a winner with my kiddies!
Thank you so much Amber!! I hope your kids love it!! 🙂
I think this would make great gifts! YUM!
I would love to get a bag of this popcorn as a gift!! 🙂
This sounds awesome Jaime! Throw in some salted nuts too for a salty/sweet thing!
Oh .. I am that person who forgets to keep the meat out of the freezer in time so you can imagine how much I’m appreciating all the recipes this week. love the idea of pb popcorn. 🙂
OK this is NOT on my healthy eating plan, but I’m going to have to try it anyway! Yummy!
Lol, so not on my eating plan either, but hey it’s was for #SundaySupper!! 😉
I´m glad you shared the popcorn and not the chicken… it sounds fantastic! I´d love to try this!
My kids would love to make this. I can’t wait to have them try it!
I hope they like it!! The popcorn loses some of its crunchiness from the melted chocolate & pb so it would definitely be good with some added peanuts in it for that extra crunch!!