This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PAM Cooking Spray. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love muffins. I would probably say muffins are in my top 3 favorite breakfast foods. Right after bacon. And bacon. How can you not love something that is practically a cupcake you can eat first thing in the morning & not feel guilty about??
You know what I hate about muffins though? I hate having to use paper baking cups to make them in. I don’t know what it is about muffins but you always lose half of it taking the paper off. Cupcakes don’t stick to the paper liners so why do muffins??
Thanks though to PAM Cooking Spray & their new line of 99% Less Residue Non-Stick sprays, I can make all the muffins I want! I’ve honestly tried other non-stick cooking sprays & they just don’t stack up to PAM. With PAM, I know that no matter what I’m baking or cooking, it’s all going to come out of the pan in one piece. No broken muffins or cakes. Not cracked cookies, stuck pasta, or cheese glued to a dish.
Plus, I almost don’t mind having to hand wash my pots and pans now. With the 99% Less Residue Cooking Spray, everything is so much easier to clean up. I’m not the neatest of cooks, I tend to spill. Everywhere. Now I don’t have to dread all of the batter I spill trying to fill up the muffin tins! It doesn’t get caked on & burnt to my pan anymore.
It’s the little things that make my day bright. 😉
Cranberry Muffins with Cranberry Jam & Orange Sugar
Orange Sugar Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- zest from one navel orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries if they are frozen, thaw before using
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted & slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the Orange Sugar:
- Stir the sugar and the orange zest together in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the Cranberry Jam:
- In a small saucepan, heat the 1 cup of fresh cranberries and 2 teaspoons of sugar, smashing the berries with the back of a spoon or muddler. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until you have 1/4 cup of thick jam. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
For the Cranberry Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a rack on the upper center position.
- Spray a muffin tin with Pam 99% Less Residue Non-stick spray for Baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a the bowl of your stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy looking, about a minute. Slowly pour in the melted butter and the oil, while continuing to whisk. Add the buttermilk and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Remove the bowl from your stand mixer & add the dry ingredients & dried cranberries to the egg mixture. Gently fold the ingredients to combine; being sure not to over mix - the batter will still be lumpy.
- Completely fill all twelve spots of the muffin tin.
- Using a small spoon, push a teaspoon of the jam into the center of each muffin. Stir the muffins with a toothpick or knife in two or three figure eights to create a swirl of jam inside the muffins.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with the orange sugar; about 1/2 tablespoon or so per muffin, until you use it all up.
- Bake the muffins for about 15 - 18 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Let them cool in the tin for five minutes, and then turn them out of the pan and cool on a rack.
- Can be served warm or room temperature.
And now I’ve got a great giveaway for y’all!! One of you lucky ducks is going to win a full size sample of PAM Cooking Spray plus a beautiful new Le Creuset Pie Dish to have your own baking fun!!
All entrants must be 18 years+ and reside in the continental U.S. One winner will be selected at random and announced via Mom’s Test Kitchen and/or social media outlets. Please see the complete terms & conditions before entering.
So all you have to do to enter is leave me a comment below answering the following question:
WHAT’S THE WORST COOKING DISASTER YOU’VE HAD BECAUSE YOU USED A COOKING SPRAY OTHER THAN PAM?