If you are a food blogger, you have probably heard the name Jaden Hair and/or Steamy Kitchen. If you’re a food blogger and you haven’t heard of her, I might have to suggest that living under rocks is probably not very comfortable. But we’re nice peoples here, so we’ll just move on.
Jaden is an amazing chef and a hilarious writer. She is the food blogger that we all aspire to become ~ the one who took her small blog where she shared her recipes for her friends and family and turned it into a food EMPIRE. No joke, we’re talking branded cookware, TV shows, the girls’ even got her own line of rice cooking oils! Just last month, she released her second cookbook, Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites. I am honored to have received a copy of her newest cookbook to explore & try out some of the recipes. The Mister & I love Asian food & I am pretty sure I have earmarked every recipe in this cookbook to try out. Don’t hate me if you get bombarded with Asian food in the near future.
I knew exactly what recipe I wanted to try first when I got the Healthy Asian Favorites. The Mister’s favorite fruit is mango ~ it’s pretty much the only fruit he will eat ~ and Jaden has an amazing Mango Brulee featured in the cookbook. And it definitely did not disappoint. Pure, simple flavors that made this probably the best mango I had ever eaten. Plus my house smelled freaking awesome.
- 2 mangoes
- 1/4 cup turbinado or raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Tell me what your favorite Asian dish is in a comment below – AND – leave me your twitter handle in the comment. Comment must be posted by 8pm Eastern time today (Sunday, March 10, 2013).
2. Join in the conversation during the live #SundaySupper chat on twitter from 7 to 8pm Eastern Time today (Sunday, March 10, 2013). Your tweet(s) must contain the #SundaySupper hashtag.
The winner will be chosen randomly from the eligible entries. The winner will be notified via email. Note: Giveaway open for United States residents only. Contest ends on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 8pm Eastern Time.
Crispy Rice Patties
- Juanita’s Cocina
- Basic and Delicious
Thai Larb Lettuce Chicken Cups
- I Run For Wine
- The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Family Foodie
Sake Steamed Mussels
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Salmon Honey Teriyaki
Korean Beef Bites
We are sharing more Steamy Kitchen inspired recipes. The following Sunday Supper Contributors are joining us with some of their favorite recipes from the Steamy Kitchen website: