Lemon Crumb Bars
1 package lemon cake mix
1/2 cup cold butter
2 cups crushed saltine crackers
3 egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly.
3. Stir in the cracker crumbs.
4. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture for the crumb topping of the bars.
5. Press the remaining mixture into your coated pan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are just slightly brown.
7. While the crust is baking, whisk together the egg yolks, condensed milk and lemon juice.
8. Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
9. Sprinkle the reserved 2 cups of cake crumb mixture over the liquid.
10. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes – again until the edges are lightly brown.
11. Cool and then cut into bars.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Taste Of Home
Thanks for stopping by & following!! I am following you now too 🙂
I hope you find some recipes you like & I’d love to hear what you think if you do try some!!
Stopped in from Mom’s Mingle Monday. Your blog looks interesting. I might have to try some of this stuff! New follower!
Thanks for the follow Kathy! I love making new friends!! I saw a few recipes on your site that I’m going to have to try out! That double corn tortilla casserole looks delicious!!
Have a great weekend!
New follow – Kathy B.
Hop over and join me your always Welcome!