Hi everyone! I’m Julie from White Lights on Wednesday. I’m really excited to be contributing for Jaime. I’ve know Jaime for some time and she’s one of my favorite people. We like a lot of the same foods, she hung out with me for Bacon Month, and I just heart her.
Since we’re getting to know each other, I think it’s only fair to warn you that I’m a huge bread addict. It’s on of my top 3 favorite foods. I frequently buy a loaf of French bread at the store to snack on. Yum!! So any time I find a place with delicious bread, I’m in heaven. One of my favorites is the brown bread from Cheesecake Factory. My boyfriend knows better than to fight me for it. (He’s a bread fiend too) Luckily I stumbled across a knock off recipe for this bread last year. I made it for Thanksgiving and totally got my fix. Today I’m sharing that recipe with you!
Knock Off Cheesecake Factory Bread
- 3/4 cup water water 105 degrees F
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 packet yeast 1 1/8 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir instant coffee into warm water. Add yeast, stir to combine, and set aside to let yeast bloom.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa, salt, oil, and yeast mixture. Add all the molasses and half the flour. Mix until just combined. Continue adding flour until the dough pulls away from the bowl. The dough will be sticky, but manageable.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover with a kitchen towel, and allow the dough to double in size - about 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to a loaf pan. Beat together egg white and water. Brush top of loaf with egg wash and sprinkle with rolled oats.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, of until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.