I am partnering with Petit Jean Meats to create a recipe that is perfect for the football lovers in your family, whether you are tailgating or watching the game from your favorite recliner!!
So, I know I’ve told y’all before that we love football. Don’t be surprised if you here that phrase ALOT over the next few months. We don’t have cable, we’re Netlix & Hulu people but I finally talked the Hubs into getting an antenna this year strictly so I can watch football! The added bonus for him & the extra push that made him give in to buying it was that he can now watch his basketball games too! That’s how things work in this household, I hog the TV on Sundays in the Fall & he controls it all of Spring! 😉
Even though its typically just he & I on a Sunday afternoon watching the games, I still like to make a ‘party’ of the day. I like to plan out fun snack foods that we can cover our coffee table with & just munch all afternoon. Like these Honey Dijon Ham Sliders! They are the perfect little sandwich for watching the game! They are packed full of Petit Jean Boneless EZ Carve Ham, caramelized onions & melted cheese. Since the ham is already carved off the bone for you, they are so simple to throw together, the only cooking required is caramelizing the onions & then warming the sandwiches in the oven for a few minutes to get ooey-gooey melted cheese!!
YIELD: serves 3-4
- 1 package (12 rolls) Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (1 pound) Petit Jean Meats Boneless EZ Carve Ham
- 1 tablespoon honey
- aluminum foil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. With a serrated knife, cut the package of rolls in half.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium frying pan over medium to medium high heat, and add the sliced onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, then caramelize. This should take probably between 10-15 minutes.
- Spread the dijon mustard over the bottom half of your rolls. Sprinkle the cheese over the mustard and then top the cheese with the caramelized onions. Lay the ham slices on top of the onions covering the whole area of the rolls. It should be a thick layer of ham. Top with the top half of the rolls.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add the tablespoon of honey to the melted butter and stir until mixed. Brush the honey butter on top of the the rolls. Wrap the rolls in aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
THIS POST PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE PARTIES