HaHa’s Chicken #SecretRecipeClub
Welcome to this month’s Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I had the privilege of getting to pick a recipe from Nicole’s blog – I am a Honey Bee! Getting to spend this past month checking out Nicole’s blog is exactly why I love being a part of the Secret Recipe Club. It introduces me to new blogs & bloggers that otherwise I might not have gotten to know. And I really enjoy Nicole’s blog! She not only share’s recipes, but also shares her love of scrapbooking & travel. Plus she’s a new mom so there are sweet little baby pictures mixed in there too!
As I was looking through Nicole’s recipes trying to decide which one I was going to pick, I will admit it was a tough choice. She had quite a few recipes that I wanted to make. I’m a sucker for Fried Pickles so those were right at the top of the list. Then there were the Tropical Pork Pineapple Kabobs that sound amazing. And then, since I was obviously making a three course meal, her Honeydew Melon Sorbet would definitely be the dessert pick! 😉
Then I saw her HaHa’s Chicken recipe & the name alone won me over! And then the flavors in the dish sealed the deal! This was absolutely a delicious dinner! It’s a simple chicken bake recipe that also serves up the veggies & fruit all in one dish! I was a little worried about the broccoli & peaches working together with the cream sauce but it works great! Nicole recommends serving it over rice, which we are trying to cut back on so I served it with a simple side of roasted potatoes & those were also delicious dipped in the cream sauce!
- 3 large bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion I used frozen
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bag 12 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can 15 ounces peach halves, drained
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small casserole dish - I used a 2 quart dish. Place the chicken in a single layer in the dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions & saute until soft and translucent. Add the garlic & saute just until fragrant. Remove from heat & add in the paprika. Pour the onion mixture over the chicken in the dish. Cover with foil & bake until the chicken is cooked through & no longer pink, about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of your thighs.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli until tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayo & Parmesan cheese. Set aside until the chicken is done cooking (I put mine back in the fridge because I'm weird about mayo sitting out for more than like two minutes).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the dish from the oven & turn the broiler on on your oven. Arrange the broccoli and the peach halves around the chicken thighs. Dollop the sour cream sauce on top of the chicken, broccoli & peaches.
- Return to the oven & broil until just brown.
nice! thank you so much!
What a great chicken dish. Someone around here loves chicken and broccoli (his two favourite things actually) – any opportunity to have the two together is a guaranteed winner in our house.
Jamie, what an interesting choice! I’m definitely going to try this, just for the adventure! Beautiful photos of your fabulous dinner =)
I would have never thought of putting together the ingredients in this dish! I definitely need to give this a try~ I made your Loaded Baked Potato Soup and we loved it!! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Yum! My mom made something similar minus the peaches.
Looks delicious! Great choice..happy reveal day 🙂
I’m always looking for new ways to make chicken, and the addition of the peaches in this dish is definitely new to me. Sounds absolutely delicious. Great pick this month 🙂
I would’ve NEVER thought of cooking peaches in a chicken dish! That’s why I just love SRC as it brings you into so many amazing and different recipes out there. Fabulous SRC 🙂
I would have been won over by the name too. Great pick!
Oh my gosh I’m glad you were adventurous to try this interesting combo!! It is one of our family favorites.
So glad you had my blog this month!
Lol, I was worried to tell my husband what all was in the recipe when he called to ask what we were having for dinner the night I made it! I wasn’t sure how he was going to react to the combo! But it didn’t even phase him & he loved it! I’m sure it will make an appearance on our dinner table again!! 🙂
How interesting!!! I would definitely never think to put peaches in a dish like this, but it looks great!
That looks like such a unique and interesting recipe – I would never have thought to put those ingredients together! Thank you for sharing!!
What a beautiful recipe! I’ve never tried this before but need to! Great SRC pick!
HaHa’s Chicken, indeed the name is something! I recently made a recipe called Bon Bon Chicken, so maybe we should marry them both and serve at a dinner party, for the amusement of our guests! 🙂
HAHA? Or BON BON? BOTH? 😉
I love the name of this dish too! And I would never have thought to add peaches to this dish – it seems like such a refreshing choice!!
How creative…peaches, broc and chicken. Never would have put them together, but I am intrigued!