This post brought to you by National Peanut Board. All opinions are 100% mine.
Your kids will never argue about eating breakfast when you start their day off with these easy to make, nutritious Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies!
Mornings are just crazy aren’t they? Most mornings we’re running around, rushing to get out of the house on time. Sitting down to a nutritious breakfast just doesn’t seem feasible. But as a mom, I know I want Princess P to start her day off the best way possible.
That’s the great thing about these Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies! I know Princess P is having a nutritious breakfast even if she’s eating them in the car on the way to school! Since they are packed with peanut butter, I know she is getting a breakfast that is high in fiber, protein & good fats. Just because our mornings are hectic doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice flavor or nutrition!
September is Better Breakfast Month & Peanut Butter for Breakfast is a great addition to your morning routine because it’s a natural, plant-based source of 8 grams of protein & more than 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients.
Today I have joined the National Peanut Board to bring you the chance to win a Peanut Butter for Breakfast prize pack including a Walmart giftcard, coupons & peanuts! Just use the rafflecopter widget below to get entered:
Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, banana, honey & brown sugar. Add in the oats, salt, baking soda, baking powder & vanilla. Stir well
- In a separate small bowl, lightly beat the egg & then add to the peanut butter oat mixture. Continue stirring until completely combined.
- Scoop the oat mixture out by tablespoon size balls & place on a cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms & tops of the cookies just barely starts to brown – the cookies will still be soft & won’t look quite like they should be done
- Remove the cookie sheet & allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.