1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 large eggs
Oil for frying
1/2 jar of dill pickle chips
1. Heat oil in a large skillet, enough oil to fill the skillet about 2 inches deep.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika and sugar.
3. In another shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs.
4. Working in batches, coat your pickles in the flour mixture making sure the flour sticks. Shake off any excess flour.
5. Coat the pickles in the eggs.
6. Dip them back in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess again.
7. Place in your heated oil and fry the pickles until they are golden brown on both sides.
8. Transfer them to paper towels or brown grocery bags to drain.
9. Serve hot with dip of choice – I love them with Ranch or 1000 Island
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Rachael Ray
Mmmmm, love me some fried pickles!! 🙂 Found you through More Than Mommies!
Thanks so much for stopping by Tracy!!
I just made these! And I must say they were amazing!! My only thing was mine didnt get real cripsy :/ but they still were good!!!!
I’m so glad you liked them! I’m sorry they didn’t crisp though! I wonder if the oil wasn’t hot enough ~ I never check the temperature of my oil when I fry things!! 😉
Omg the best I have found ! Top pinterest search too! So flaky and warm, so addictive!!.
Looks yummy! We love fried pickles.
What a great “southern classic”!
Thanks for linking up at Mealtime Monday!
We love love love fried pickles. They are definitely one of our family’s weaknesses! These sound fantastic!
My husband had never had fried pickles until I made him try them and now he loves them too! I would consider them a weakness for us as well!! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
There’s just nothing like fried pickles. They are one of my family’s weaknesses 😉
My son saw this recipe and said that I have to make these soon, I agree 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday!
I hope your son (and you) enjoy them! I would love to hear what he thinks!
Thank you for stopping by!
I just tried my first fried pickle last weekend and was a little surprised by how much I liked it! I can’t wait to try your version. Thanks for sharing with Tuesdays at the Table!
I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as the ones you just tried! Feel free to lie to me and tell me you liked mine more 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi–visiting from Tuesdays at the Table. My mom recently convinced me to try fried pickles at a restaurant. I was skeptical, but they were good! Thanks for sharing a recipe.
Lol, I think alot of people are skeptical for some reason! I think it’s just one of those foods that people just don’t think should be fried! But its so delicious that way!! I’m glad your mom convinced you to try them! Sometimes moms do know best! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!!