Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Holes
1 package (5.5 oz) baking mix
4 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/3+ cup of hot water – I ended up adding about an extra tablespoon to the dough
vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large skillet, heat 1-2 inches of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
2. In a small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, stir together the baking mix, remaining tablespoon of sugar and hot water until a dough forms.
4. Spoon the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a round tip.
5. Pipe tablespoon size balls of dough into the hot oil. You will probably have to use a knife or scissors to cut the dough.
6. Allow to cook until golden brown, flipping over frequently. Mine took about 1 – 2 minutes to cook.
7. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
8. While the doughnut holes are still warm, toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Serve warm.