Cilantro Cream Chicken
This Cilantro Cream Chicken recipe was originally shared as a guest post at This Gal Cooks
Do y’all have a favorite herb? Ours would be cilantro. The Hubs can eat the leaves straight off the stems. He loves it! Any dish that has cilantro in it I know will be a hit in our house and this chicken was no exception! It was so easy to throw together and made for a perfect meal served over rice!
- 1 & 1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Combine the Italian dressing, lime juice & about 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mix, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken & vegetables in a Tupperware containers or gallon Ziploc bags. Turn the chicken to coat & marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour up to overnight. I kept my chicken & veggies in two separate bags.
- Add the remaining cilantro to the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade & combine with the 1/4 cup of sour cream. I gave mine a quick blend in my food processor. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Remove the chicken & vegetables from the marinade, discard the remaining marinade.
- Saute chicken until the chicken is no longer pink & juices run clear. Add the vegetables to the chicken after the first few minutes and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the chicken & veggies over rice & topped with the Cilantro Cream Sauce.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Wish-Bone
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN DISHES?
CHICKEN & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
SIMPLE CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
QUICK & EASY CHICKEN & RICE SOUP
Hello, I’m making this receipt tonight and I was wondering should I warm the sauce, pour cold sauce on top of meat and vegetables in the pan or pour it on the meat and veggies once it’s on my plate?
I apologize I didn’t see this sooner to answer your question so I hope it turned out when you made it for dinner!! I left mine chilled until I was ready to serve it, & spooned it over the meat & veggies as soon as I plated it so the heat from the chicken would help take the chill off the sauce
Cilantro Cream Chicken ~ Even better using Kraft Zesty Lime Vinaigrette (instead of the Italian dressing). And you can omit the lime juice.
I’ve been wanting to try that dressing but I can’t find in anywhere in the stores here! I wanted to use it on my Chopped Chicken Salad that I made a couple of weeks ago but used a different one instead. I may have to con you into shipping me a bottle of it Melissa! 😉
Hi Jaime! I made this chicken for my family for my mom’s birthday dinner this past weekend and it was amazing! Everyone raved about it! I can’t wait to make it again. It was so freaking easy and YUMMY! Thanks darlin!
I’m so glad y’all like it!! 🙂
how many servings does this make, Im trying to figure out the calories.
I’m trying to remember back Brittany, I feel like it might have been enough to feed my husband & I for dinner the one night with some leftover so I would say depending on how much y’all eat 2-4 servings. You could definitely use the lower calorie sour cream & Italian dressing to help keep the calorie count even lower 🙂
One of the best dishes I’ve made in a long time! I love chicken, peppers and cilantro. This dish combined them all. All the different flavors compliment each other so well! I will definitely be making this again soon. Thank you!
I’m so happy that you liked it Amanda!! And thanks so much for coming back to let me know!! 🙂
this sounds fabulous – cilantro is also a big hit with my hubs…….adding it into the rotation! thank you!
This is my kind of dinner!
That looks totally yummy…cilantro is my favorite herb/spice.
My goodness this looks yummy!
Thanks so much Crystal! It definitely was yummy!
This was a huge hit when you posted it on my blog!
That looks so delicious!!
Chef Al dente On going event: Street Food of India!
Thank you so much!
This looks fabulous! I’m always looking for new recipes (who isn’t!?). And my husband will be thrilled that I found this one. So glad I found you through a blog hop. 😀 Must follow you now.
Lacey @ https://lagjeg2003.blogspot.de
Thanks so much Lacey!