I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #TEArifficPairs #CollectiveBias
Bacon, lettuce & tomato gets a sweet twist in this Candied BLT Sliders recipe, paired with Lipton Tea to make a perfect Summer lunch!
I’m so excited to be teaming up with Lipton Tea again to bring you another #TEArifficPairs recipe! Earlier this summer we made a perfectly paired breakfast & today we’re talking about lunch!
Ever since I made my Margherita Pizza, I’ve had those super yummy candied tomatoes on my brain. I knew I had to use them in my favorite sandwich of all time – the classic BLT. But I couldn’t stop with just candied tomatoes now could I?? No, I couldn’t. So I went ahead & candied the bacon right along with them for a sweet spin on tradition!
And nothing pairs better with a BLT sandwich then a tall glass of iced cold sweet tea. Lunch doesn’t get any better than that! I paired my Candied BLT Sliders with Lipton’s Sugared Iced Tea Mix in Lemon flavor! I love their sugared ice tea mixes because when I want a glass of tea, I can have one immediately! All I have to do is add the mix to water & I’ve got tea! No brewing required!
Candied BLT Sliders
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 roma tomatoes sliced thick (4 slices/tomato)
- 1 cup light brown sugar divided
- 1 dozen slider buns
- Hellmann's Mayo
for the candied bacon:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bacon slices in a medium bowl. Toss the bacon with 1/2 cup brown sugar to coat. Lay the bacon out on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the slices over one last time and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned & crispy.
for the candied tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar into a separate medium sized bowl. You can start with about 1/4 cup and add more as you go. Coat the tomatoes in the sugar on both sides. Lay the tomato slices on the same wire rack over the baking sheet you are using/used for the bacon in a single layer.
- Roast the tomatoes for about 30 - 45 minutes, then turn the tomatoes over. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes more. You want the tomatoes to start to caramelize and turn an amber color.
to assemble the sliders:
- Place the bottom slider bun on a plate. Top with a few small pieces of lettuce, candied bacon (I broke my bacon in half to fit better on the sliders) & a candied tomato. Add Hellmann's Mayo to the top slider bun & then place on top of the assembled slider. ENJOY candied goodness!
So if you’re ready to have a Candied BLT Slider lunch, head on over to the Condiment Aisle at your local Walmart like I did & pick yourself up a can of Lipton Sugared Iced Tea Mixes. If lemon isn’t your thing, they also had peach, mango & 1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade!
And to get your fill of even more bacon, check out all of the recipes included in the 2nd Annual #BaconMonth!
this recipe may be showing off at any of these fabulous parties
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lipton Tea. All opinions are 100% my own.