When #BaconMonth started, this was one of the first recipes I knew I wanted to make. I sat down & made a list of possible ideas of bacon recipes & this popcorn was at the top of the list. After making the Candied Bacon Monkey Bread, I knew something had to be candied this month or #BaconMonth just wouldn’t be complete.
I love popcorn, y’all know how much I love popcorn. I can eat it pretty much every day. But I’m a traditionalist. I want it drenched in melted butter & salt and I’m a happy camper. But after making this Candied Bacon Caramel Corn, I may never go back to traditional popcorn again.
YIELD: serves 4
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- pepper to season
- 1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped & unpopped kernels removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bacon slices in a medium bowl. Season the bacon with some pepper & then toss with 1/2 cup brown sugar to coat. Lay the bacon out on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the slices over one last time and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned & crispy.
- Turn the oven down to 200 degrees.
- Place the popped popcorn into a large roaster ~ I used a foil throw away one so clean up was easy. Crumble the candied bacon & toss with the popcorn.
- In a small pot, combine the butter, corn syrup & remaining 1 cup brown sugar. Cook on high until boiling. Reduce heat to medium high & let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Drizzle the caramel over the popcorn & bacon mixture, stirring to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Break the pieces apart & serve.
THIS POST PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE PARTIES