Candied Bacon Caramel Corn #BaconMonth
When #BaconMonth started, this was one of the first recipes I knew I wanted to make. I sat down & made a list of possible ideas of bacon recipes & this popcorn was at the top of the list. After making the Candied Bacon Monkey Bread, I knew something had to be candied this month or #BaconMonth just wouldn’t be complete.
I love popcorn, y’all know how much I love popcorn. I can eat it pretty much every day. But I’m a traditionalist. I want it drenched in melted butter & salt and I’m a happy camper. But after making this Candied Bacon Caramel Corn, I may never go back to traditional popcorn again.
CANDIED BACON CARAMEL CORN
YIELD: serves 4
YIELD: serves 4
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- pepper to season
- 1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped & unpopped kernels removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bacon slices in a medium bowl. Season the bacon with some pepper & then toss with 1/2 cup brown sugar to coat. Lay the bacon out on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn the slices over one last time and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until browned & crispy.
- Turn the oven down to 200 degrees.
- Place the popped popcorn into a large roaster ~ I used a foil throw away one so clean up was easy. Crumble the candied bacon & toss with the popcorn.
- In a small pot, combine the butter, corn syrup & remaining 1 cup brown sugar. Cook on high until boiling. Reduce heat to medium high & let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Drizzle the caramel over the popcorn & bacon mixture, stirring to coat. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Break the pieces apart & serve.
THIS POST PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE PARTIES
Be sure to stay connected on social media for all the latest recipes & behind the scenes fun!
CHECK OUT THIS MONTH’S SPONSOR
Your margins are so narrow I can’t
read enough of the recipe to figure out how to make this. 🙁
What browser are you trying to view the recipe in Ginger? I’m not aware of the margins ever being small
I have a nephew that LOVES bacon. I’d love to surprise him with a batch of this, but he lives out of town. Can you give me any hints on how long this keeps? Does it need to be refrigerated? Thank you!
Hey Pam! I did not keep mine refrigerated when I made it. As for how long it would keep, that’s had to say because it didn’t last very long in my house!! I would guess it would keep for a least a couple of days in an airtight container since the bacon is fully cooked. Hope that helps!!
My hubby has requested a “bowl of bacon” as his birthday meal. I think it’d be hilarious if I made this as snack later!
That’s the best birthday meal I’ve ever heard!! 🙂
Sounds good. I’m pinning this for later. I can’t wait to try it!! (I LOVE bacon!) Thanks for linking up to the Less Laundry, More Linking party.
This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
https://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
https://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
We hope to see you there!
Candied Bacon Caramel Corn… Oh my gosh! I think this is heaven in the form of a dessert! Thank you for sharing this!
Jamie, you are TOTALLY speaking my language! I am a serious popcorn addict and bacon lover so seeing my two great loves combined in one awesome bowl is making me cry little tears of joy 🙂
Amy | Club Narwhal
I think this might be the best comment I have ever received Amy! Thanks for the love!! 🙂
Oh my word…CANDIED bacon?! That’s so wrong, but oh so right. 😉 Can’t wait to try this…thanks for the amazing recipe!
Quite the interesting combo! I am sure the hubster, who is the bacon hound in my house, will really appreciate this! Thanks for posting! Deb @ Kneaded Creations
I’m willing to be he’ll love it Deb!! My husband ate it for dinner one night! 🙂
OMG! This looks amazing. Bacon makes everything better.
Yes it does Amber, yes it does!! 🙂
Ahhhh! this is awesome!!! I made some caramelly popcorn stuff last week but mine did not have candied bacon or any bacon and actually I have no idea why I never thought of that but I’m so glad you did!!!!
Add the candied bacon!! Definitely add it!! You’ll love it! 🙂
So…. yeah. This looks AMAZING! I must make this soon. I think the boys would die over this one. 😉
They’ll definitely like it Carrie! Jacob ate it for dinner one night when I didn’t have time to cook!! 🙂