Banana Breakfast Squares
1 & 1/2 cups quick cook oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
sprinkle of salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8×8 pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, milk and egg.
4. Add in the bananas, peanut butter and coconut oil. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Allow to sit 5 minutes for the oats to become hydrated.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
*This has been a favorite for Princess P! I think she went through that whole tray of squares in just a couple of days!!
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Gingerbread Bagels