A side of simple boxed cornbread gets a delicious twist & some serious flavor with the addition of crispy bacon & green onions! #BaconMonth #PutSomePigInIt
It’s here!! It’s finally here! The 2nd Annual #BaconMonth is in full swing! I had such a blast participating last year that there was no question involved to me joining in again this year! And this year, we’ve made #BaconMonth even better! We’ve got more bloggers involved so that means more delicious bacon packed recipes for y’all! Plus we are hosting a weekly bacon themed giveaway each month in August starting today (just keep scrolling for the giveaway)!! It’s just going to be a month of bacon madness I tell ya!
To get us started, I’m sharing this beyond easy, but beyond delicious Bacon Cornbread recipe. It’s a perfect comfort food side dish! You could take it up even a notch further and make it a Cheesy Bacon Cornbread by adding about 1/2 cup or so of your favorite shredded cheese! Pepperjack would be awesome for a nice kick to the bread!
- 1 package 7 ounces cornbread mix
- ingredients called for on cornbread mix
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp & chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to the package directions. Stir the chopped, cooked bacon & green onion into the prepared cornbread mix. Bake per the package directions - I baked mine in a 7 in round cake pan.