A classic Tuna Melt sandwich gets a twist in these Creamy Avocado Tuna Melt Quesadillas! Simple tuna salad made with Bumble Bee Tuna, fresh tomatoes & avocados topped with melty cheesy gets sandwiched between two buttery, crisp tortillas to make a kid-friendly, easy weeknight dinner!
It’s full on back to school season now huh? I’m pretty sure everyone has started back to school at this point. With back to school always comes back to being constantly busy too! Which means us moms need an arsenal of quick, easy weeknight meals.
One of the best ways to be able to whip up quick dinners during the week is to menu plan! Having your meals planned out so there’s no standing in front of the fridge trying to figure out what’s for dinner is such a huge help! It saves time & also saves money because knowing you have a easy dinner planned at home will hopefully help keep you from hitting up the drive thru!
These Creamy Avocado Tuna Melt Quesadillas are a perfect busy night dinner idea! They only take about 15 minutes or so to come together! Plus the tuna salad could even be made in advance during the day saving you even more time at night!
Creamy Avocado Tuna Melt Quesadillas
- 2 2.5 ounces pouches Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water Pouch, drained*
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- juice from a small lemon about a 1/2 tablespoon or so
- about 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes - about 8 slices
- 1 small avocado thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, lemon juice, & oregano. Season with salt & pepper. (If making in advance, cover & refrigerate until ready to cook the quesadillas)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the onion & saute until they have softened. Add the garlic & saute for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Spread a small amount of the butter on one side of each tortilla. Place one tortilla, butter side down, on a warm griddle. Top the tortilla with 1/4 of the cheese. Add a heaping spoonful or two of the tuna salad to the tortilla & using the back of a spoon, gently spread around the tortilla. Top the tuna with some of the sauteed onions & then about 4 slices of tomato & then top with 1/2 the slices of avocado. Top with another 1/4 of the cheese & then top with another tortilla, butter side facing up. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown, flip, and continue to cook until both sides are golden brown & the cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas & ingredients.