Good morning everyone! It’s Julie from White Lights on Wednesday. Today I wanted to share a really easy to make breakfast sandwich that is completely delicious. As in you’ll never even bat an eyelash at an Egg McMuffin again. I originally planned on sharing this dish as part of Bacon Month back in August, but I ate the whole thing before getting a picture. So I got to make another for this post. Darn.
This sandwich is really great for brunch or an easy buffet style breakfast. You can make the eggs and keep the in a chaffing dish, and then guests can top their sandwiches any way they like. Think make-your-own-sandwich bar with lots of topping choices. would totally top these eggs with sun-dried tomatoes and spread some pesto aioli on the bun. Mmmmm… But bacon and avocado is my fave and this sandwich is hard to top!
Avocado, Bacon & Brie Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces brie rind removed
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 strips bacon cooked crispy
- 2 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your oven to broil. Butter the insides (cut sides) of the hamburger buns. Place burger buns with buttered sides up on a baking sheet. Broil until golden brown, watch them closely so they don't burn. Remove from oven.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Beat eggs in a bowl, and pour into pan with melted butter. Once eggs are about halfway cooked, add brie. Continue to cook until eggs are cooked through and cheese has melted. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Spoon 1/2 the eggs onto the bottom of one hamburger bun. Top eggs with 1/2 avocado, and 2 strips of bacon. I break my strips of bacon into 2 pieces each and place 4 pieces side by side so I get bacon in every bite. Top sandwich with top burger bun. Chow down!