1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 box (3.5 ounces) french vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup applesauce
5 small apples, cored & dices – I used small Galas
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pudding mix.
3. Add the eggs, sour cream and applesauce to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended – batter will be thick.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and oats. Toss to coat the apples.
5. Pour half of the batter into the greased bundt pan, then spoon the apple mixture evenly around the top of the batter, reserving about 3/4 of a cup worth. Cover the apples with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remaining apples on the top of the batter.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Allow to cool for a half hour before removing from the pan.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Allrecipes