This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Honeysuckle White® and Shady Brook Farms®. All opinions are 100% mine.
A classic diner sandwich gets a summer grilling twist with these All-American Club Sliders!
One of my all time favorite sandwiches is a traditional club sandwich. I love the buttery, grilled bread piled high with lean turkey, fresh lettuce & tomatoes, crispy bacon. So good! So when I was challenged to take the delicious Honeysuckle White & Shady Brook Farms Turkey and create a recipe perfect for grilling I just knew I had to do a spin on one of my favorites!
We actually love cooking with turkey. It’s such a flavorful alternative to other ground meats – has more protein than beef, fewer calories than chicken & less fat than pork. Plus it’s a perfect choice for grilling since you can get all of the BBQ favorites – brats, tenderloins & more. And Honeysuckle White has a new line of frozen Turkey Burgers available that make summer grilling that much easier. With six varieties of Turkey Burgers to choose from – including Cheddar Jalapeno & Swiss, Bacon & Onion; you can go from the freezer to the table in 20 minutes!
All-American Club Sliders
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White or Shady Brook Farms Ground Turkey brand availability will be dependent on which region of the US you are in
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp & cut into thirds
- roma tomatoes
- pickle chips
- 1 dozen slider buns
- Season the ground turkey with salt & pepper. Shape the turkey into heaping tablespoon sized patties. Grill the turkey patties over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. While the turkey is cooking, cut the cheese slices into fourths. Add cheese to each turkey patty during the last couple minutes of grilling to allow the cheese to melt.
- Add a small amount of butter to each slider bun. Throw them on the grill, butter side down, until the butter is melted & the buns are golden brown.
- Assembly the sliders by placing a cheese topped turkey patty on top of a bottom bun. Top the turkey with bacon, then a slice of tomato, lettuce & a pickle chip. Add some mayo to the top slider bun & then place on top of the stack. Serve hot!
That slider’s almost as big as her head! But she was ready to dig in! 🙂
As you’re planning your next backyard BBQ, be sure to check out the new Grilling with Friends Facebook App & Sweeps! This app is awesome! It allows you to plan out every detail of your next grill-out with tools like the menu builder that lets your guests sign up to bring food, drinks & all the extras! No more mass emails to figure out whose bringing what, the app lets you get it all coordinated super easy!
So what are you grilling up this summer?